MY UNDERGROUND RACING TT STORY !!!!

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 3 long years I've added several bolt-on parts, added a Roe S/C with nothing but problems, then I scrapped the Roe and went w/heads & cam, then added a NOS/Propane kit, but my car never performed up to par or as I was told it should. The car always had a check engine light on, multi-misfire codes, smoked, cracked the crank, etc...etc...It never failed when I got it home and sometimes before I even got it home it would not perform as expected and have issues. I would be told to bring it back to their shops and they would look at it or when it had the Roe s/c on it, slide another card through it to try. What a pain especially when you have to transport it out of town for a flaw that shouldn't have existed anyway.

Well, I'm happy to say that after taking my car to Underground Racing it finally drives and performs like I was told it would. It finally drives good and has the horsepower for the parts and labor that I have paid for. Not just what a dyno say's but after actually getting the car in my hands it performs flawlessly everytime. Kevin @ UGR said I would have between 900-1000 rwhp on pump gas with their Twin 76's and they delivered just that with 970 rwhp and 1,321 rwhp on race fuel. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to Kevin and KC at Underground Racing for building such a beast and delivering what they promised. They even took the extra step after we discovered the intercooler was too big for a Florida car and drove 6 hours each way to pick it up and trailer it back to Charlotte to make it right. Then 2 weeks later they did the 6 hour trip each way again and delivered it back to me. With the kind of money being spent on these types of cars by customers that's the quality, service, and dedication you can expect to get at Underground. I commend Kevin and KC for doing the right thing and standing behind their work. The car has unbelievably smooth power and will flat out move. I haven't had the chance yet to experience the full race tune in it, but I have driven it around with the lowest setting (970rwhp) and at the mid level setting with some race fuel mixed in (appx. 1100rwhp). WOW! This thing is scary fast, silky smooth, and looks too good.

Thanks again Underground Racing and for those Roe S/C using skeptics, the 3rd time was a huge charm. :smirk:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** to have to deal with all the B.S. like that. But glad to hear it FORCED you to go TT! :grin;

Congrats on one Mean Twin Turbo Viper! :headbang:

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevins a great guy...bought my replacement V10 for my SRT Ram from him (off his '03 Viper) at good price. Good to hear things finally went they should have from the start.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are happy.....really ;)

What makes an intercooler to big for Florida ?

The size of it.
The Bigger Intercooler will block ALL air from getting the to Radiator.
Go a bit smaller and lots of air to keep that Florida Heat off the motor!

At least I think so! :D

To Big for Florida:
1494snakes_014-med.jpg

Better for Florida:

3508DSC00349-med.JPG

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are happy.....really ;)

What makes an intercooler to big for Florida ?

The size of it.
The Bigger Intercooler will block ALL air from getting the to Radiator.
Go a bit smaller and lots of air to keep that Florida Heat off the motor!

At least I think so! :D

To Big for Florida:
1494snakes_014-med.jpg

Better for Florida:

3508DSC00349-med.JPG

That's what I was going to say.
That's the old red car of RedGTS, I can't believe he sold it for a SRT 10.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Mike. I saw your car at the shop. It looked really nice. I'm glad you finally got the car you were expecting unlike the other attempts at it. Which turbos did you go with?

OP
OP

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey you are exactly right. My first intercooler was sweet looking and even bigger than that silver car you show. It just cut too much of the airflow to the radiator out but ironically the power is still very similar.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very cool. any pics of the engine bay? are they top mounted, or side mounted (down below)? notch the frame etc to fit 76's?