My Viper died last night...

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about driving me nuts. A buddy and I were cruising allittle last night going to get some food and at a stop light, the car just shut off. I tried restarting it, but it would just pop a little out of the exhaust. We pushed it over on the side of the street and I let it sit for a few minutes.

My buddy Mike shows up and he gets the car started like nothing is wrong. So, I go take his girlfriend out for a ride and about a mile down the road, it does it again! I coast into a 7-11 and call MIke again. He shows up and gets it started again and we decide to take it to his shop. About 1/2 mile down the road from there, it dies again. We get it started again and now the SES light is on.

Long story short, I get it over to my buddies shop and he has one of those "super-mack-daddy" Snap On code scanners that he runs on the car. It threw 2 codes:

P0320
P1391

Both of which have to do with the crankshaft trigger sensor. This same thing happened on my dad's Chrysler Concorde a few years back. Luckilly for him it only cost about $160 to fix at the dealership. I took my car over to the dealership and dropped it off for service tomorrow morning. Hopefully this thing doesn't cost an arm and a nut to fix.

How much do those factory warranties normally cost?

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking $2500 +/- to buy an extended warranty depending on year of car. Tator's is the place to check if interested. But I do know on a 96, the car is too old and you can't get one so not sure about a 97 but Chuck would definitely know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_