My Viper is still for sale in Canada

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody..

My car is still for sale so I wanted to let you guys out there know. I have now placed an ad in the Classifieds. It has the headline "For Sale: 1998 red GTS in Canada".

Classifieds

There are more pictures in my gallery so please feel free to check them out or contact me for more. Also if any questions, don't hesitate to ask them. It is with a broken heart I have to sell it, but I know it will make some other lucky person happy!

Regards,
Erik

S

sachin

The Canadian market is a bit weird right now. In Toronto Viper prices are dropping quite a bit. For example there is a nice 97 Blue/White GTS with 35000KM/22000MI for only $52500cdn and he even says he will move on the price to sell before winter. There are 01 RT/10's in the high 50's as well now. You may have to try to lower the price a bit. Then again in SK there is probably a smaller market and the value of the vehicle is higher. Either way, good luck with the sale!

OP
OP
F

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes.. you are right Tracy. This car is perfect for upgrading with its forged internals. Considering the few mods it has it is actually pretty strong. I almost beat you on the road ;)

I didn't know the prices are going down here in Canada. I will check that out and maybe rethink my price.. Thanks for letting me know.

Erik

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't know the prices are going down here in Canada. I will check that out and maybe rethink my price..

There are two in Ontario for 52k and 59K. Both 1997 GTSs have less then 35K KMs however I passed on the GTS because I was looking for an RT/10 specifically.

I bought one of the two yellow 2001 RT/10s that were priced around the $60K mark. Mine was priced at $61,900. The first one I test drove was the one at $59,000 and I went away disillusioned of what a Viper was. What a shame but it it may make a good car for someone. When I test drove the second one, there was no comparison and I jumped on it. For a hair under $60K I also got a 2 year warranty that I hope to never use. My car has 34K miles on her.

Hope this helps,
Santo

OP
OP
F

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two in Ontario for 52k and 59K. Both 1997 GTSs have less then 35K KMs however I passed on the GTS because I was looking for an RT/10 specifically.

I bought one of the two yellow 2001 RT/10s that were priced around the $60K mark. Mine was priced at $61,900. The first one I test drove was the one at $59,000 and I went away disillusioned of what a Viper was. What a shame but it it may make a good car for someone. When I test drove the second one, there was no comparison and I jumped on it. For a hair under $60K I also got a 2 year warranty that I hope to never use. My car has 34K miles on her.

Hope this helps,
Santo
Thanks for the info buddy.. It's nice to know the prices from elsewere in this country. Here in Saskatchewan there are not that many Vipers around :) so there isn't much to compare to. And the internet prices are so different..

Hope your new ride treats you good :2tu:

Erik

chenner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Canadian market is a bit weird right now. In Toronto Viper prices are dropping quite a bit. For example there is a nice 97 Blue/White GTS with 35000KM/22000MI for only $52500cdn and he even says he will move on the price to sell before winter. There are 01 RT/10's in the high 50's as well now. You may have to try to lower the price a bit. Then again in SK there is probably a smaller market and the value of the vehicle is higher. Either way, good luck with the sale!

Something not right about the '97 GTS in Toronto. I emailed the guy, it's an American but he sent me three pics of a black RT/10. When I told him I thought he was selling a blue/white GTS he told me that he sent me pics of someone elses Viper he happened to have on his computer. And while he told me that he had the bumper and hood painted he never confirmed that the car had not been in any accidents.

I dunno, it just sounds way to cheap to me if it were a mint, clean '97 blue/white GTS.

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you think the Canadian market is weird for Vipers try getting rid of a Z06 Vette. My 03 is clean and still on warranty and priced under everything else on the internet and absolutely NO action. The weather in Edmonton is going into the toilet now so I am stuck with it until spring and you could be in the same boat.
Your price may be a bit high, looking what Santo paid for his ABS model and the US cars are going to be worth a little less because the good exchange rate means potential buyers can go across the border themselves if they don't mind MPH on the speedo. But I don't think I would do much with your asking price except maybe throw in the traditional "OBO". A serious buyer will be prepared to offer a bit less than what you are asking and I don't think it opens you up to a bunch of low ballers. Don't make the same mistake I did. I was too firm with my price early on because I thought I was already very reasonable and I ended up losing a couple of deals because of $3000. Those offers are looking pretty sweet right now but the buyers found other cars:(
Hopefully your situation won't cause you too much problem if you have to keep the car until April or so. If you are going overseas you might want to consider consigning the car. My car is on consignment right now at a Mercedes/Mazda dealer in Edmonton. That might be an option if you can't be around to sell it yourself because they basically don't allow test drives unless the buyer has a cheque in hand. They sold a Jaguar for me a couple of years ago and I was pretty pleased with how things worked out.
Otherwise cross those fingers and hope someone froom the coast sees your baby. Good luck!

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Echo above.
If you can wait until spring you'll likely get a better price. They seem to drop in the fall and recover somewhat in the spring.
Here in Calgary there seems to be good intrest in Vipers. Have you advertised it in Alberta? Just a thought.
Before I bought I looked all over AB, BC and SK. F(I missed a good low mile R/T this past spring in S'toon.)Found mine on the AutoTrader online, seems obvious I know, but do you have yours on there?
I would have considered yours if I'd known about it!

OP
OP
F

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys! I really appreciate it.
But I actually think I'm taking it home with me.. In stead of lowering the price over here, I'm selling it for much more in Europe. The market price has fallen a little too much for my taste.

I might not be able to drive it too much back home since it will be too expensive to pay the registration fee (About 180% of the cars value) :p Though I will take it out for a spin using daily plates.. that can take care of my needs.