My viper looks like it's total due to an ass cutting me off! pics

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My viper looks like it\'s total due to an ass cutting me off! pics

Glad to hear your alright. Sorry for your loss. The pictures are painful to look at.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, glad you and your passenger are okay. Everyone on this board knows how you feel. As "car guys" we all know your vehicle is part of your personality and even a physical expression of your creativity. You built that car with a purist's eye and I have admired you for it. Losing a car you've poured your heart into is losing a piece of yourself. You will pull through and create a bigger, badder machine sometime soon. No matter how bad that may seem from your current perspective, it's far easier than replacing life and limb. If someone were seriously hurt, you wouldn't have time to be grieving over your car. Keep that in mind. You know everyone here on the board, big mouths like Jon ;) and little ones like me, will help in any way possible. You'll be back on your feet (meaning fat Michelin Pilot's!) soon. :2tu:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW :( Sorry to hear about BOTH of your guys misfortune. I'm glad your both alright. Just keep your heads up guys, everything happens for a reason even though we may not know the reason right now. Hopefully you guys get this straightened out soon so you both can get back on the road soon. Again sorry for your losses :(

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I took mine out for a long 100 mile ride yesterday and I swear to you that I had bad feelings about taking her. It was flurrying and very cold, but I went nonetheless. Too bad my feeling wasn't passed along to Ab and Lauri. Sorry to hear about your loss guys. I would like to see pictures of Lauri's wreck if possible. I know he likes to drive like a nut along the windy roads, so I am waiting for the story on his accident.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score

ohh **** AB, i saw your post on the Alley, but didnt realize it was you! Truly a SAD SAD SAD Day!!

yeah i would buy the car back if the buy back is resonable and swap it over to a donor car and sell the rest

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab- Sorry to hear about your car! I hope that **** gets it good someday! :curse:

Lauri- Jeez man that *****! Wish I could help you out, you need anything I'm just click away!

BTW not to be off topic but is it me or has there been alot of posts on these forums about vipers being totalled?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTW not to be off topic but is it me or has there been alot of posts on these forums about vipers being totalled?

It comes with a car like the Viper. The performance+no nannytech makes it one minor mistake away from an accident. That I can live with.

What really bugs me is what happened to ab, which I'm sure you guys can relate. People think when they see a Viper on the road, they can try to run it off. Seriously... I can't drive more than 10 minutes on the freeway without everyone and their grandmothers trying to pass me then cut in front of me. As if by doing that (even if I'm not playing their stupid game), they can brag to their friends that they beat a Viper in their jetta. :rolleyes:

Someone should create a video logging system for your car. That way, you can identify the hit and runners. It would be easier to file insurance claims too... unless you were the guy speeding recklessly. :D

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with Warfang, a few days ago a bunch of kids in a beat up whatchamacallit cut right up in front of me and then went to the next lane. They had a smug smile on their face. I just got my car and nobody would do that when I was in my Z06..What the hell?

Anyway, sorry about to hear your losses guys. Those pics made me squirm.

Their is a "slight" possiblity that your rate "may" go up until this issue is cleared up. Even if it is not "your fault" insurance companys can increase your premiums for that. If they find in your favor, you will get a rebate check for the difference.

In regards to the mods, you may not get the full amount you paid. You will be fortunate if you get more than half the value. Something to do with a formula and some gawd awful metrics....

I am sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you were able to walk away, although shaken up.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam and Lauri,
I am so sorry that you guys are looking at totalled cars. But - I am also very glad that you are both OK - a testament to the safety of the car.

Do your best to work with the adjuster / insurance company - hoping that they send a "car guy" and you can relate to him. Adjusters WILL try to help out someone that they like - so don't get confrontational AT ALL in the beginning- save that for when (if) you need it.

Hope you will both make out OK financially - but it will be somewhat of a longshot - I know that it's never enough to find a car that was either modded like yours or taken care of like you would - that's always the kicker. I know sometimes the mileage may seem high - but it's YOUR mileage - you drove it easy until it was fully warmed up, you changed the fluid frequently, etc. Someone else's miles usually are not the same. Sigh....

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab I have state farm & they treated me very good when I stuffed dianes porsche @ road atlanta & a mild 200$ surcharge for the year, Note: a pasanger cannot be a witness for you so uhm find another outside of the car, put an ad in the paper, call me for details.
Pete

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

with great power comes great responsibility.

_another_ viper (not mine) that had ABS spun out yesterday in the Atlanta area. I haven't seen the damage but there is definitely something in the air. I'll keep mine in the garage a few more days, I think.

JD

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh boy all those bad feelings coming back again...

As someone who has totaled not one but two Vipers, I have the market cornered. I feel your pain!
The first one was a 2000 ACR within the first year. I was playing on my cell and I looked up and all of a sudden the freeway came to a stop but I didn't...(no anti-lock). The damage didn't seem that bad...I was able to drive AWAY!!! So I wasn't even thinking Total loss. The guy who I hit had 4K worth of damage to his rear end, that's all. But when I received the estimate from my insurance at over 60K, I just about burst into tears! Just the hood was 20K! I had about 20K in Stereo, Exhaust, and brake mods ect,ect... And the worst part, I paid 83K for the car less than a year earlier. They cut me a check for a little less that 70K stating that they couldn't be sure of any engine damage, and didn't want to take a chance if there was any. However, my insurance agent was cool and did offer to let me put everything back to stock before he came out to view the car.
I never thought I'd buy another Viper after that, but one day about 7 mos later on Ebay... I saw it... VENOM 600, crap!, it was over. 2 days later I was driving back to California with it. And 11 days later it too was in pieces all over the streets of LA... AGAIN. (See thread)
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=608390&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=608390&Search=true#Post608390

This time I didn't care, I was not going to loose another one, and this time a totally tricked out Venom! So I collected the check from my insurance, and since it was only 11 days old they did reimburse me the full price that I paid for the car. I went down to my Viper tec and asked him what could we do? He said either junk it or rebuild it. So we went through what was to be done on a rebuild and I decided to do it. I was in very good hands seeing that he did all the mods on my first, so there was a lot of trust there already. Almost a year and a half later all was back to making sense in my world. And the car runs great!
I hope you don't get too discouraged, I've been through it twice, if I can be of any help just ask.
:cool:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn! So many totalled Viper stories! I hope I never have to share one. Adam & Lauri, I feel for you.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn! So many totalled Viper stories! I hope I never have to share one.

That's one club I don't want to be a member of. My sympathies to all who are. :(

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I forgot to mention, that to add insult to injury, I had purchased Roe Blower and Belanger headers previous day... :bonker: :nana: :curse: :headbang: :buttkick:

Oh well, maybe I can put that stuff on my -64 Galaxie, just cut last tube off?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Oh boy all those bad feelings coming back again...

As someone who has totaled not one but two Vipers, I have the market cornered. I feel your pain!
The first one was a 2000 ACR within the first year. I was playing on my cell and I looked up and all of a sudden the freeway came to a stop but I didn't...(no anti-lock). The damage didn't seem that bad...I was able to drive AWAY!!! So I wasn't even thinking Total loss. The guy who I hit had 4K worth of damage to his rear end, that's all. But when I received the estimate from my insurance at over 60K, I just about burst into tears! Just the hood was 20K! I had about 20K in Stereo, Exhaust, and brake mods ect,ect... And the worst part, I paid 83K for the car less than a year earlier. They cut me a check for a little less that 70K stating that they couldn't be sure of any engine damage, and didn't want to take a chance if there was any. However, my insurance agent was cool and did offer to let me put everything back to stock before he came out to view the car.
I never thought I'd buy another Viper after that, but one day about 7 mos later on Ebay... I saw it... VENOM 600, crap!, it was over. 2 days later I was driving back to California with it. And 11 days later it too was in pieces all over the streets of LA... AGAIN. (See thread)
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=608390&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=608390&Search=true#Post608390

This time I didn't care, I was not going to loose another one, and this time a totally tricked out Venom! So I collected the check from my insurance, and since it was only 11 days old they did reimburse me the full price that I paid for the car. I went down to my Viper tec and asked him what could we do? He said either junk it or rebuild it. So we went through what was to be done on a rebuild and I decided to do it. I was in very good hands seeing that he did all the mods on my first, so there was a lot of trust there already. Almost a year and a half later all was back to making sense in my world. And the car runs great!
I hope you don't get too discouraged, I've been through it twice, if I can be of any help just ask.
:cool:

Dude...please learn how to drive. How do you manage to get insurance?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipera....I am sorry but how can you blame "No Antilock" on not paying attention & playing with your cell phone?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AB,
I literally feel your pain. Sorry to hear about your car, I've been reading all the mod's you have been doing and your avatar was my favorite!

The reason I feel your pain is that I wrecked my Viper yesterday. It looks like it is going to be totalled too, as well as the other car that was involved.
I am devastated, since this was my baby and I worked 5 years on the car to get it where it is now. I even got 3rd place at Chryslers of Carlisle (with a GEN 1!!)

I did not sleep last night at all. Luckily all involved are OK, thats the most important thing.

WHAT HAPPENED??? I hope that everything is okay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960