My Viper Wont Start HELP!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
took my viper out this eve and went to the hand wash...once they were done the car wouldnt start. when you turn the key the lights on the guages turn red...and the guages dont go up and are pinned at the red light...any ideas? battery seems good as my lights are very bright.

one other thing is i tried plugging my SCT reader to get codes and it said error 11 "NO OBD"..like it didnt read it..

Last edited:

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you take off the cover and check the battery? Maybe that shortened suspension rocked it around... HaHa. Couldnt resist after all the crap people gave you for the mod.

Maybe disconnect it and reconnect it.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like it might be a battery issue. When you try to start the car what happens? Does everything go dim or nothing happen? Just before I sold my car this happened and all the power seemed fine but just was not juiced enough to start the car.

Also maybe it is disconnected? I do not think it can be a water issue.

WE NEED YOU TOMORROW! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS THROWING THIS RUN!!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I imagine you have already thought of this but I would call Chuck Monday.

The fuse idea might be it too because water might have gotten into it???

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I must have missed the year...and can only guess that you might have spliced into the PCM... that said, I'm GUESSING that water is causing a short to ground...sounds that your DLC is not in communication with PCM.
You could try to blow out residual water at PCM plugs with compressed air, try again later.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to "D" today and it sounds more then a battery or fuse? It's coming up to me tomorrow.
"we can re-build her, we have the technologies" [six million dollar man] :D

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Make sure you didn't loose the ASD fuse... cheap and simple if that is what it is. That will take the PCM down.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's in the fuse box underhood next to the engine. The fuse diagram is on the inside of the box lid.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess you hate me now for making you buy a battery . On top of the no front plate ticket i caused you to get . ............... man I feel bad :dunno:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess you hate me now for making you buy a battery . On top of the no front plate ticket i caused you to get . ............... man I feel bad :dunno:

Now I feel bad too...for complaining I got a ticket for 'fail to signal' :omg::omg:...sorry D :smirk:.
Guess that's not as 'dangerous' as no front plate! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolaugh:~juli