My Vipers her, Thanks Bill Pemberton...

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll I got my first Viper tonight. A blue 06 vert with the polished 5 spokes. It is very different from my zo6, I love it. It seems like you really have to push the pedal down to get the car moving. This thing really needs to be re-geared. I'm definatley taking it easy for awile though. With no traction control etc, I know how easy it is to whipe out. I just wanted to give a public thanks to Bill Pemberton. Smoking deal. Bill put the Motons on for me. The car is slammed on the ground just like I like it. The driver bill was very friendly as well. I'll definatley be getting my next Vipe from Bill. It was a very hard decision for me not to get the new z, it would have been my 10th. I am very happy with my decesion so far though. Cant wait to start modding. Took some pictures. Will post as soon as I figure it out. Thanks again Bill, happy to be in the new club.

Mike

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know your proud of your new ride. Got my 2006 blue/silver coupe 6 weeks ago. Hope you post pics soon.

Things will improve as you get use to driving the viper and put a few miles on it.

BTW I installed a new DC Performance computer and it made a big difference -the engine runs smoother, its quicker, better throttle response and really improved mid range. Best bang for the buck.

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - Congratulations on the new Viper!

That extra travel in the gas peddle IS the manual traction control :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll I got my first Viper tonight. A blue 06 vert with the polished 5 spokes. It is very different from my zo6, I love it. It seems like you really have to push the pedal down to get the car moving. This thing really needs to be re-geared. I'm definatley taking it easy for awile though. With no traction control etc, I know how easy it is to whipe out. I just wanted to give a public thanks to Bill Pemberton. Smoking deal. Bill put the Motons on for me. The car is slammed on the ground just like I like it. The driver bill was very friendly as well. I'll definatley be getting my next Vipe from Bill. It was a very hard decision for me not to get the new z, it would have been my 10th. I am very happy with my decesion so far though. Cant wait to start modding. Took some pictures. Will post as soon as I figure it out. Thanks again Bill, happy to be in the new club.

Mike
Glad you like the car and Bill is the man to buy from. But you dont have to "push the new zo6 pedal very far" at all to get the car really moving!!

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Viper!!

It took me a while to get used to the longer pedal travel too. First impression is that the car isn't all that fast till you realize how far down the peddle goes before you hit WOT, lol.

As stated earlier, the DC Performance reflash will greatly improve low and mid range throttle response and power. Made my '04 a much more entertaining ride.

Enjoy!!!

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Viper!!

It took me a while to get used to the longer pedal travel too. First impression is that the car isn't all that fast till you realize how far down the peddle goes before you hit WOT, lol.

As stated earlier, the DC Performance reflash will greatly improve low and mid range throttle response and power. Made my '04 a much more entertaining ride.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks guys. Drove the car to work this morning and I definatley made the right decision. The firt thing I'm doing is putting straight pipe on the car and taking off the cats (I do this on all my cars)My question is about the dc computer. Is this a dyno tune or a generic program? Would you guys use wcv for engine work or dc? My buddy has the wcv 650 package and seems happy.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Aliso Viejo ca. It's near laguna beach ca. Newport viper, let me know the next time you go to crystal cove and I'll meet you there.

Mike

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Mike, I also got mine from Bill P. back in December.

10244IMG_0319-med.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang