NACA Duct and Hood Louvers

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering adding the NACA Duct and Hood Louvers to my '96 RT/10 along with a low profile rear spoiler (not a wing). I was curious if anyone has had this cosmetic change done.

What view points do you guys have, leave the smooth hood alone or go for the mods?

I checked with my local Dodge Dealer and they told me that most of the parts are no longer available. They found the louvers for $180 each but no NACA Duct and something about their being no underhood bezels.

Where would I go for the components and not get burned on low quality and high prices.

Thanks

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Jon B at the Parts Rack. He can get you the parts at reasonable prices. Even cheaper if you will take used parts.

Sounds like a good project.

Anthony

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Let the Mod'n begin. I'm not really a fan of the smooth hoods. The duct and vents break it up nicely.

Viper 8 R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hood Louvers really help to keep the engine from cooking in the Summer- - you can watch the Heat Waves pouring out at a stoplight!
Suggest you run a Gen II Hood for the NACA and slotted cooling- - but don't carve up your Smoothie Hood. Why not keep it in storage?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you buy a GenII hood, make sure you can swap them out. There may have been subtle changes. Others with more knowledge will know and hopefully speak up.