NACA duct trim.....

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know what some of you are thinking, but, I happen to like the slotted piece of trim that goes in the Gen 2 NACA duct. Where do you find them? Viperstore used to have them but I don't see them listed anywhere. Want to add a little bling there and cover up the view of the plastic air intake. Any help? Thanks!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean the thing that blocks airflow decreasing performance?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's seeeeeee, there are three chrome louvers, and it looks like it cuts airflow in half. So, guess you'll be okay with driving 35 instead of 70.....:rolaugh:

Aside from performance, my issue with adding chrome is that the car doesn't really have any chrome...though it does have/go with the lettering on the sides/back that are chrome.

Just a personal preference....hey, you can always add a...lest I mention, Vipair?????? (ahhh, c'mon, its time for this discussion again anyway!!!).

But, hey, that is the beauty of a Viper, you can do whatever you want to personalize it and make it "your way." Nobody else has to like it, as long as you like it!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no. It's the damn winter.
Your irrational. That's like the side gills.
Maybe worse. Stop.

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let's seeeeeee, there are three chrome louvers, and it looks like it cuts airflow in half. So, guess you'll be okay with driving 35 instead of 70.....:rolaugh:

Aside from performance, my issue with adding chrome is that the car doesn't really have any chrome...though it does have/go with the lettering on the sides/back that are chrome.

Just a personal preference....hey, you can always add a...lest I mention, Vipair?????? (ahhh, c'mon, its time for this discussion again anyway!!!).

But, hey, that is the beauty of a Viper, you can do whatever you want to personalize it and make it "your way." Nobody else has to like it, as long as you like it!
I'm afraid! The "Vipair" would make me go faster!!!!! :D And yes, I do have chrome emblems.

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh no. It's the damn winter.
Your irrational. That's like the side gills.
Maybe worse. Stop.
Jon, I was a little tipsy one night when I got the idea! :beer: Think I should re-think? I'd have to be hammered to consider the fugly side gills though. No, I take that back....UNCONCIOUS!!! It's amazing what boredom can get a guy thinking! :D

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrome is the most disgusting thing on cars. Leave it on the heavy duties please.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree! Though I do love the chrome lettering on the side of the hood and rear bumper...looks terrific on the sapphire, also looks really good on gray and black! I do think the polished billet license plate frame from MGW looks really good on the back.

I'm not a fan of the side gills and seems, since they stopped making them, not that many others were either. And, based on the heat the engine throws off, I wouldn't want anything to restrict venting!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That chrome thing looks just as good as a set of red LEDs cycling back and forth, side to side in there would look. IMHO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4