Nannies won't neccessarily save you

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QKX9pgNR6w&feature=player_embedded[/media]

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thats a 2 for 1 deal I like! LOL Seriously though I would be pissed if I was the guy in the Black Vette. What kind of **** punches it on a wet road with that many other cars around!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually may have prevented him from spinning further. You really can't tell. As stated in the other thread, wet conditions and snow can be horrible. Don't rely on them to bail you out every time. Agreed with the above.....hitting it on that road was not the best driving move. In traffic it was even more stupid.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, with proof before us that a Vette with a nanny box can and will bite you, does anyone still believe that a nanny box will keep a Viper from biting you?

P.S. someone please post this vid over in the other nanny tech debate we've been having.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When a vett did that to me I hit the brakes. He crossed over and hit the guardrail on my right instead of me.:2tu::nono::nono:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I'd be really pissed if I was in the black Vette. Yet another reason to hate Vette owners, even if I do appreciate the cars

So says the SATURN VUE ENTHUSIAST. HMMMMM.... got no hatred for the OWNERS of high performance cars, just for the owners of those damn rice burners (esp. Toyota Prius) :D

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So says the SATURN VUE ENTHUSIAST. HMMMMM.... got no hatred for the OWNERS of high performance cars, just for the owners of those damn rice burners (esp. Toyota Prius) :D

Technically Prius's aren't rice burners, I think they fall under the smug category. :rolaugh:

There are a lot of great Japanese vehicles too. ;)

Nick

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling the majority of us think the nanny boxes are stupid - but it's moot because it looks like they'll be mandatory soon. No use complaining about something that's inevitable.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the nanny box thing but the driver of the white vette certainly made the situation much worse after the first wiggle by stabbing the brakes. It really went away after that.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black car is a good friend, he saved the white car with minimal damage to both vehicles. :rolaugh:

Nick

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling the majority of us think the nanny boxes are stupid - but it's moot because it looks like they'll be mandatory soon. No use complaining about something that's inevitable.

That's why I don't complain about death or falling in love with large women. :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I couldn't disagree more. Change doesn't happen by giving up. They'll get their nannies just like my neighborhood got their speed bumps. But a lot of the speed bumps have been removed because of the complaints. The same can be done with the nannies. There are numerous examples of failed nannies just like this vid. Eventually people will wise up and realize sports cars fall into a different category than minivans, sedans and SUVs.

I'll be fighting until they are removed - the speed bumps and the nannies.

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, with proof before us that a Vette with a nanny box can and will bite you, does anyone still believe that a nanny box will keep a Viper from biting you?

P.S. someone please post this vid over in the other nanny tech debate we've been having.
As much as he was spinning the tires, he probably had the nannies turned off. Unless you know that, there is no proof.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. Change doesn't happen by giving up. They'll get their nannies just like my neighborhood got their speed bumps. But a lot of the speed bumps have been removed because of the complaints. The same can be done with the nannies. There are numerous examples of failed nannies just like this vid. Eventually people will wise up and realize sports cars fall into a different category than minivans, sedans and SUVs.

I'll be fighting until they are removed - the speed bumps and the nannies.

I hear you - and I'll wager that there are enough people like us that there will be an easy way to switch off the nanny controls if we want to. I can't image high-performance cars getting saddled with full-time, no-user-control nanny devices. All the true high performance cars out there have selective availability built into the nanny devices, so I'll bet that something like a new Viper won't force us to be nannified if we don't want to be. If it isn't stock standard from the manufacturer, there will certainly be aftermarket sources that come out with something cheap and effective. Or, I'm sure there's a wire someplace that I can unplug, clip, or tie a switch into that will solve the problem.

Oh, and on the speedbump thing, I couldn't disagree more :) I live next to a road where commuters use it as a shortcut to avoid traffic, and they speed like idiots. It didn't bother me too much, except one morning our little kitten ran out into the road and as I was running out to get her, some commuter a-hole smashed her right in front of me - was going way too fast to slow down, and after he saw that the cat was obviously dead, he just drove off. We were heartbroken over that and I wish someone would put speed bumps in front of my house...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his nanny should have kept him out of the bar... Watch the front wheels closely how he panics and way over-corrects to the right...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and on the speedbump thing, I couldn't disagree more :) I live next to a road where commuters use it as a shortcut to avoid traffic, and they speed like idiots. It didn't bother me too much, except one morning our little kitten ran out into the road and as I was running out to get her, some commuter a-hole smashed her right in front of me - was going way too fast to slow down, and after he saw that the cat was obviously dead, he just drove off. We were heartbroken over that and I wish someone would put speed bumps in front of my house...

Sounds like you live in a high-traffic neighborhood. I don't. My neighborhood hasn't had a traffic fatality ever in its 50-year existence. What we do have now however are the typical over-protective mothers with ********-less husbands spewing save the children crap like "I don't care if nobody has been run over, I don't want my child to be the first." Stupid logic.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you live in a high-traffic neighborhood. I don't. My neighborhood hasn't had a traffic fatality ever in its 50-year existence. What we do have now however are the typical over-protective mothers with ********-less husbands spewing save the children crap like "I don't care if nobody has been run over, I don't want my child to be the first." Stupid logic.

Very true. I live on a little known canyon road (in the middle of nowhere) that literally is sports-car and superbike heaven for 90% of it. Unfortunately the road transitions quickly into an old forgotten neighborhood for a little while, and people just don't bother to slow down. Oh, and we have several fatalities on this road every year or so - usually weekend bicyclists who think they can ride side-by-side on the wrong side of the road around blind corners. I figure that's just Darwinism at it's finest... Also a reason I'm a proponent of ABS, but we won't go into that discussion :)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm trying to imagine what BS this guy told to the cops and the insurance company or what the guy in the black vette had to say...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala