Need a rear tire; Raced an E60 M5 this afternoon.

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I picked up my car from the dealer after getting the new trans put in. All is well. But, the driver side rear tire has a piece of metal/nail like object lodged into it, its not quite on the sidewall, but its on the tread at a point where it cant be patched. I checked the tread depth and I my desires are about 6/32 if my measuring was right. Stock rear tire size. So if anyone has one or knows where I can find one please respond to this post, email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Now onto the good stuff, the car is in good shape and driving better than ever. I was leaving my friends shop today, he was in his supercharged C5 corvette. We merge onto a main road and I look in my mirror and see a sparking white BMW E60 M5. I honk to my buddy in the vette to get his attention the M5 pulls next to me, smiles and gives me a rev... so I went from the right lane, to the middle, to the left, downshifted into 1st at about 40MPH waited for the M5 and we both let it rip. I took off pretty well and ran away pretty good. We talk at the light I tell him how sweet his car looks, which it was amazing (im a big BMW fan), he asks where we are headed and follows me onto a seperate road where we pull head to head, 3 honks and go... I was ripping them up in first it was dead even, the exact point I hit second gear and got gripp I leap frogged him and was ahead about a car and a half. Talked at the light again, let traffic continue while we did 10mph holding everyone up behind us... three honks and go... I hook up better in first get a half car on him, rip second, third and hes behind enough to make me look into the rear view mirror.

All in all. The M5 is oranges compared to the Viper. and I would just like to add this guy was cool as heck! We talked, he took my number so we can go cruise sometime. Its always nice to see another performance oriented car letting it go. Props to the driver. I love that the Viper is a marked car though, anyone who has anything fast wants to take it on. The M5 is truly amazing vehicle and is the best all around car on the road in my opinion. I had a lot of fun today and definitely didnt break in the transmission properly, but who cares.... chances like that dont come all the time. Good times the first hour I got the car back. Lets go summer...

P.S The Roads we're two lanes so my friend in the vette just let us go at it. Very kind of him. I would have loved a three way race. The guy in the vette is my best friend and surprisingly we have never ran against eachother. Kinda weird.

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nazology I raced a Blue M5 yesterday... I took care of him of him no problem... At first I didn't even realize we were racing.. the car seems to have a high end which is comprobable to our cars. Off the line though there was no chance for the M5 until I was in third....

On a side note: hey whats up voltage =) Nice meeting you man... This is my first post since I got the car.. I love the Corsa's lol

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try JonB at the Partsrack. I bought a set of nearly new rears for my 03 last summer. He had several sets with varying amounts of wear available at that time. His price and service is second to none.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The M5 may have 500 HP but it only has 369 ft/lbs of torque so low end it doesn't have a chance. I had a 2000 M5...amazing car and for multiple purposes its great...But honestly I sold it and bought a Viper because I wanted a true MUSCLE Car. When i want a total luxury sedan I drive my 06 750...I don't believe in multiple purpose vehicles...you will never get the full effect :headbang: