Need a Streak Free Glass Cleaner...frustrated

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't tried Zaio's yet but the MPOAR glass cleaner from Dodge works pretty well...not perfect but better than windex etc.

This stuff foams up well and cleans water spots etc well...still it requires several applications and a careful eye to avoid streaks. Toughest for me seems to be to get the rear hatch streak-free. You might try those micro fiber towels (Auto Zone etc.) ...they advertise applications for windows...used 'em once...worked fine...no chemicals required. Good luck.

Paul

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPRAYWAY glass cleaner from COSTCO...used by many glass shops, including the one I worked in for years. NO streaks. Use paper towels, not newspaper or one of those white cotton towels you buy in a bundle at auto parts stores or places like Home Depot.
If you have "road film" or any type of greasy film on the glass, here's the hot tip: Get a DRY cloth, put some Comet or Ajax on it...not too much, then rub briskly on the windshield. DONT USE WATER. The powder will absorb any junk and leave the windshield ready to be cleaned with a glass cleaner without streaking. pete the ex glass guy

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use Bruce's glass cleaner.Formula:A bottle of rubbing alcohol mixed with an equal amount of water.Clean and streak free.Just make sure the towel or paper you are using to wipe with isn't bleeding residue of some kind back onto the glass. Bruce

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even wet newspaper does beter than almost all glass cleaners. Dosen't matter what product you use as long as your are wiping it with newspaper, use the black and white print no color.

NapaRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Bruce,

Rubbing Alcohol and water????, Use 100% gin (old bartenders trick for glasses). The plus is you can drink what's left over.
Sounds funny but its true.

Ken

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rubbing Alcohol and water????, Use 100% gin (old bartenders trick for glasses). The plus is you can drink what's left over.

ha! ha!

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bruce is right, rubbing alcohol and distilled water works the best. Use a soft cotton cloth. This is especially good for removing the plastisol vapor that comes off vinyl parts, that builds up on the inside of the glass.
Jerry Scott

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe it! someone else knows about the "Ajax trick" It really works! I've used that for years on my daily driver cars. also before a show this will make the glass sparkle.

Dry Ajax followed by Windex with paper towels. Be careful not to use those blue shop towels, they have some chemical in them that will streak.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Torrey:
After you finish washing the windows, take a micro-fiber towel and rub out the streaks. Works great.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I started doing that a few months ago and must agree, it works great!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang