Need advice: I'm starting to get Coupe envy...

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my wife and I have decided that we are going to start having some little AbsolutHank's running around next year:lmao:

I absolutely love my car, especially with the Paxton. I also love the Vert...I've always been an open air kinda guy. But with my finances on impending lockdown, I'm really starting to feel the pressure to get a coupe now, since I've always wanted one. I think it'll be the last toy I'll buy for quite a few years, and I've just always loved the look of the SRT coupes. The GTS and SRT-C just scream Viper, in a way the Verts don't.

#1 problem...the Paxton on my Vert. I can't see myself being able to dump the kind of coin down to get a supercharger in the future, so more than likely, I'll be driving a stock 2006 coupe, save for K&N and exhaust. I don't race the car, and hell, I'm hardly ever in boost just cruisin around...but damn, I think I'd miss it.

#2 problem...I don't think I want to afford more than I could potentially sell my car for. Since I'd be moving up 3 model years, there's a higher price tag, and I'm not even sure my 2003 with mods could come close.

It's alot to consider, but damn, I'd be in car heaven if I could land a 2006 FE coupe:headbang:

I know I'm rambling, and being vague, but what's everyone think...or have you been in a similiar predicament?

Obligatory car pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your current Gen III looks badasp and I can only imagine how well it moves. I can almost promise you will get sellers remorse a year from now. A Coupe aguably looks more like a Viper than a vert but when you are driving it, all that matters is how well it drives and the vert is more fun in the open air. Your current Viper sounds like it is well sorted out and tweaked just the way you want it. It would be a shame to waste the mod money spent when you sell it or trade it in.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm hangin onto mine until I can pick up a Gen IV ACR. I think you would regret going from yours to a stock coupe, even though you like the look better.

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I couldn't make myself do it for a Gen III coupe.

Congrats on the future kids man I bet you two are excited!:2tu::2tu::2tu:

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hank I would hate to see that SRT of yours go to someone else. That is one of (if not) my favorite SRT-10 verts. I think you should definitely hang onto it and save your money till the baby Hanks arrive.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep your current car unless you move up to a Gen IV. A Gen IV with headers and new computer will run just as good as your supercharged car. I sold my supercharged car after taking the new car to the track where it ran just as good or better than the Gen III. After having the supercharger another stock Gen III is going to be boring.

My only regret is that I didn't get another convertible.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I like my coupe more than my previos vert heck yes would i trade all the work youve done to make yours what it is and start over just so I could have a coupe heck no:2tu: I vote keep rockin the vert:drive:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year in Oct did you go to Oceancity, MD?

Keep it... unless you dislike vert for some reason or you go to a Gen IV coupe. I honestly don't like verts, most are ugly, but for some reason Viper verts have this super wide/low look that really puts me in awe when I see them in person.

Reaction score
Have a vert, and I thought about having coupe, then I saw Bill Pemberton's Woodhouse yellow ACR Bumble Bee black striped vert, and I got wood all over again, now its SSG ACR drivers stripe and the Yellow BB ACR vert, need to make more $$$ and buy them both.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks just like mine! You have a well-sorted, superfast, superHOT car. Keep it. You'll need the $$ for a minivan anyway....:lmao:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with Bernie at BJMotors. I beleive he has some nice coupes in stock. He will make the trade up easy. :2tu:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is gorgeous... Keep it and save money... you will need it... Tell the wife you need lots more pratice before making any little Hanksters...:stick:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order a Lempke hardtop for that car and have both.

my solution too

your car looks so good now, if you go to a stock coupe, i bet you'll get mod fever soon, end up spending gen iv money anyway

blue, but you get the point:

i like the look

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing car, especially with the slammed look and the 360 Forged wheels. Gives me some ideas for mine.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragon rider has a hard top on his and it looks pretty kool....

I dont think it's really the top that you want though. The rag top arguably is a bit kooler than the hard top..It's the rea end that makes me want a coupe..But gen4 or nothin at this point

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with those who vote hardtop! Your car is easily one of the most beautiful ones out there with those mods and if I were in your shoes would definately regret selling bigtime!
If you are an open air guy at heart you will inevitably start to feel homesick after a while of driving a coupe.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put a street serpent kit on it and call it a day, best of both worlds. Comp Coupe looks/SRT Roof.

You are right about one thing, do it before the little ones come.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy your dream car. Switch over Paxton, Wheels, shocks, polished intake, and what ever else from your Vert to the new coupe...then sell the Vert.

Easy out is to keep driving your cool looking Vert, but if you gotta have a coupe....

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easier to get car seats in/out of a convertible. Our guys are out of the whole back-facing arm carrier nightmare that you'll be starting with though.... Rear-facing seats and airbags are a no-no, so you may have to wait a year to give the kiddies rides (unless you pick up a gen1)....

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard of a 300mi Paxton 2006 coupe that was never registered. Yellow. $68K was price. PM if you'd like me to check if it's still available.

750rwhp Paxton compared to a Gen4? No comparison. Half the money for an older, faster moddified car.

Ted

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really torn on what to do. I honestly don't want to go through the hassle of "unmodifying" the car, save for the quick stuff. Of course, if the right buyer and the right money come along, everything's goin!

Well, with everything going on a Gen4 is still out of my reach...like I said, I don't wanna stretch that far. I know that would make the most sense, but I just can't do it. The Paxton is a blast though...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since you like the Paxton you might want to upgrade sideways? My 2000 modified GTS ACR? The Nitrous and C02 bottles quick release from the trunk for double the cargo space of the SRT.

Message - ViperClub Classifieds

Sell yours and buy mine?

Ted

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you keep it put in a nice chrome roll bar. It would then be safer than the coupe.

The market now is crap. I don't know your car exactly but you can probably expect a difference of 12K for a 2006 and 20K for a 2008. In Nov 2009 the dealer that bought my supercharged car got 46K. Car was mint w/9k miles. If you could get 45K and find a nice coupe for 55K. It still would be Slooooow. Nothing like that 2nd gear pull of the supercharger.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang