need advise on viper coupes

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well your correct if your talking dry weights..LOL.. In that case a gen3 vert is 3300 pounds and a 2002 rt10 with the spare removed and top off is 3230 pounds dry weight...I can do this all day...

lowest publication I ever saw for the Z06 was 3140 (wich is darn impressive) for a fueled and toped off vehicle. Honestly I think the 3380 pound weight for the gen3 vert is impressive as well...Right their with the 3350 pound ZR1 and most Italions and edgeing out the 3500 pound FGT...But the impressive 3380 pounds is overshadowed by the Z06's 31xx-3320 max pounds..Everything is...Even my nsx was only 145 pounds lighter than a 06Z06 at 2995 pounds

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well your correct if your talking dry weights..LOL.. In that case a gen3 vert is 3300 pounds and a 2002 rt10 with the spare removed and top off is 3230 pounds dry weight...I can do this all day...

lowest publication I ever saw for the Z06 was 3140 (wich is darn impressive) for a fueled and toped off vehicle. Honestly I think the 3380 pound weight for the gen3 vert is impressive as well...Right their with the 3350 pound ZR1 and most Italions and edgeing out the 3500 pound FGT...But the impressive 3380 pounds is overshadowed by the Z06's 31xx-3320 max pounds..Everything is...Even my nsx was only 145 pounds lighter than a 06Z06 at 2995 pounds

And you can continue to be wrong all day. Not talking about dry weights, take a look at the picture posted above, talking about 2006 1LZ cars that weigh 3080 and 2006-2007 2LZ cars that weigh 3130.

If you'd like to come over, we can weigh them for you. Again we're splitting hairs, no idea why you feel the need to argue.

The original statement that brought all this on was someone stating the C6Z went 12.4 and my attempt to state that such a time was way off base.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jeeze..we are all car guys so why do i even have to explain this.....

you go by what the manufactuer states and the mags verified for weight...this is elementary stuff so forgive me if i seem a lil dry about explaining it...

this has been happening for years and years...example...the ls1 vette weighed in at 3290 pounds acording to the manufactuer and verified by several differant magazines who weighed the vehicle with all fluids 100 percent top off....the same manufactuer also put the ls1 engine into the camaro...the manufactuer as well as magazines all said the camaro weighed 3490 pounds....200 pounds More than the corvette and the vette was 2 mph and two tenths faster than the camaro due to the weight differance...

but wouldnt you know several stock camaro owners weighed their car at the drag strip and proclaimed...well my camaro was only 3330 pounds...its pretty much just as lite as the ls1 corvette...of course they forgot to factor in that they only had a 1/4 tank of fuel and were down a quart of oil

Last edited:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And had no windshield fluid...but hey..whats that matter????? Now maybe you guys 100 percent topped everything off before your weigh ins..i highly doubt it but the shop appears first rate....but it dosent only magically work for the vette on your scale being 60 pounds Lighter than all publications...it would be all vehicles....

trust me gm would have defiently advertised a sub 3100 pound weight if it were true..all they talked about was the weight savings ect...i still have the z06 brochure from when i was on the waiting list for a 06 z06.....aint no sub 3100 pounds...not even close...

luckily while i was on the z06 waiting list i discovered vipers and never looked back at vettes....this is what i also suggest the op does

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C6 Z06 is a great car... sold my blown C6 to buy one, but opted for the the Viper. It was a dream car for me.

Just take a Viper for a drive... and see what you think. If it is going to be used as a weekend warrior, definately go with the Viper. You won't be disappointed.

For daily driving, I think the attention would bother me more than anything else. I've had people stare, take pics and even pull a u-turn to get a better look at the car. Never had that happen in any of my Vettes that I have owned.

I'd opt for a Gen IV (2008 and newer). I don't think there are many differences between 2008 and 2009 - same motor, but they may have a little bit different gearing (or I'm thinking of the ACR).

Either way, you can't lose. Both are great cars. The Viper is on a different level and everyone around you will confirm that as well.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If performance is your only concern, you can mod either. Deciding on the Z06 just based on performance would be silly.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C6 Z06 is a great car... sold my blown C6 to buy one, but opted for the the Viper. It was a dream car for me.

Just take a Viper for a drive... and see what you think. If it is going to be used as a weekend warrior, definately go with the Viper. You won't be disappointed.

For daily driving, I think the attention would bother me more than anything else. I've had people stare, take pics and even pull a u-turn to get a better look at the car. Never had that happen in any of my Vettes that I have owned.

I'd opt for a Gen IV (2008 and newer). I don't think there are many differences between 2008 and 2009 - same motor, but they may have a little bit different gearing (or I'm thinking of the ACR).

Either way, you can't lose. Both are great cars. The Viper is on a different level and everyone around you will confirm that as well.

Who in the heck is posting for Next Phase...he normally a huge Vettes *******..Took you a lil while but now we finally see eye to eye. I was once a vette fanatic..Sold by vette because I was on the C6Z06 waiting list here in hawaii..Discovered the Viper and honestly cant imagine just being in a vette...Some people try and say the Viper isnt a true exotic ect..But see what the people say when you drive one around for a few weeks:drive::)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who in the heck is posting for Next Phase...he normally a huge Vettes *******..Took you a lil while but now we finally see eye to eye. I was once a vette fanatic..Sold by vette because I was on the C6Z06 waiting list here in hawaii..Discovered the Viper and honestly cant imagine just being in a vette...Some people try and say the Viper isnt a true exotic ect..But see what the people say when you drive one around for a few weeks:drive::)

Let's not get it twisted (see what I did there)... the C6 Z06 is an awesome car and I'd love to have one as my daily driver, but for the weekend - the Viper is a real treat. It all comes to personal preference and what you plan on doing with the car.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats not to love about sub 3200 pounds and 450 rwhp?....honestly...if it was just the 75k z06 and 115k zr1 then the corvette would be a winnner in my eyes...pretty nice looks...not as in your face as the viper but overall nice styling...7.26 and 7.42 at the ring respectively.....then at only 7k z06s made a year and 5k zr1s a year...while still no were near as rare as the sub 2k a year produced viper...still somewhat rare.

its just those darn other 30k base vettes made a year that despite only costing 46-60k for a bottom of the barrel no options coupe to a fully optioned Convertable that look just like them that ruin everything...

I just saw a yellow base c6 fifteen minutes ago at the gas station....nice lookin ride in yellow. but if i see a z06 or zr1...well it will seem just like more of the same...now if i saw your gts at the gas station today i would likely remember it a year from now...as that is a very rare sighting

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never driven a viper-i have owned a 08 z06 and i am thinking about buying a viper coupe.Many people have told me that they ride well not well and they are slower than the car i had,i just need some owners telling me how well they like there car and how well it performs.
Mark contact your local VCA Chapter, find out when there is a club function you can go to. I bet someone will have an empty seat for your behind.

Go try one on... :headbang:

Viper Club of America