Need fair price on a Viper. 1997 blue white stripes...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1997 Blue White GTS with 12K miles on it. Just about in perfect condition and very clean. Never been tracked (Which I know for a fact or race).

What would be a fair price for it considering the condition is perfect. The owner thinks he can get $50k but nore sure if the market will support that price now.

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up my "dream car"...a 97 Blue white GTS. Perfect condition. 8500 miles on it. Likewise never on a track and quite honestly I don't think the accelerator pedal ever made it to the floor. I gladly paid $50K even for it. Don't let price get in the way of something you really want. If the opportunity is there now, grab it. What's a few thousand +/- for a Viper you really want? I think there were only 965 of the blue white one's made. How many of those are in mint shape? KBB lists the car at around $38K or so. I've seen them in the classifieds going for the low $40's to just past $50K. To me that is irrelevant. If you want the car, be glad to pay the money for it. It may not be there tomorrow. I'm still glad I paid the price I did. I could've haggled, he could've said 'no'. I could've waited for a cheaper one, but...it wouldn't be in my garage right now. I think I'll take a look at it right now...get it dusted off for the morning run...

Don't hesitate...go get it.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab, go for it, $50k is a good price, I love the blue/white GTS, plan on painting my red Ram SRT/10 blue/white one day, to me that color just pops, although I truely lovem all...as far as the market goes, well it is what it is,and I do not believe these cars follow those flows, honestly, as you know, you get what you want (realisticly) or you do not sell until you can. If I was not purchasing the 06 coupe I would love to buy this car myself..would you do the mods on the 97 you have done on your silver GTS? or what would you do differant,or would you time capsule the car?

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your friend is serious about selling it, then list for $50K. I believe the blue/wt is is a color combo in demand. It's classic. I love all Viper colors, but of coarse am partial to the blue/wt. Obviously bluesnake367 is also. There's plenty more of us out there that HAVE to have this color combo. Someone will come along and take that car. Of all the people that see my car, they all say this is their favorite color combo. Including the guy down the street that has a Final Edition!

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$50K is a great price!! I picked mine this summer and it had 2600 miles. Under 15K miles they were going for $50-60K. If I were him, I would list it higher than 50K even. Like 97 GTS Viper said there are a lot of us out there who had to have this combo.

Of course I am biased. :)

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid 47k for my blue/white with 10k miles on it. I would do it all over again. I have followed the prices on the blue/white and the ones that are well taken of hold there own and I think allways will.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too am biased toward the Blue/White combo but I have seen several nice ones go for mid to low forties. If he were to get 50K that would be a duper great price.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 GTS VIPER, Yeah I am ate slap up with the blue/white color, having Sneaky Pete tattoo put on my left upper arm, told the wife the other day that if she would paint her self blue with white stripes I would play with her more often also, but that is another story...lol...

ab, sorry about that, thought you were interested in the car, how motivated is this guy to sell, is he willing to post pics and take offers? I would love another 97, to time capsule, but can not move on right now...but very near future...

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I have to say I love the B/W combo it just pops. I think he should list it at 52-55K. You can always go down but not up on the price.

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blue and whites will go for lower than that. I got mine for $40K with 5800 miles on it. The only issues were the driver's door was hung incorrectly and I had to spend $300 for some minor paint work on the front faschia (neither items unusual for a Viper).

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ByteMe, your 1997 with 5800 miles for $40k is the exception rather than the norm. I'm willing to guess you could sell that car in hours for $45k and getting $50k would be somewhat easy so the seller must have been rather ignorant of the market or needed cash immediately to have sold it to you for $40k.

BTW, How did you ever get your state to issue you your license plate? Any photos of it? I applied for FNFAST and was turned down. No way would most states let that pass.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab.
$50K is spot on.
As a side note, the buyers of that particular viper are very anal about condition. Every little area will be scrutinized. Like a rare coin, every blemish will drop the condition significantly. If the car is perfect, no window pits, no scratches, no wear marks on seats or carpets, never smoked in, then another $5k would not be out of the question.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This color combo comes up at auction pretty frequently. If I were a buyer, I'd pay up to 42k for it. If I were a seller, I'd be happy with 45k. 50k is a lot for that car. But if you can take the time to get it, then perhaps you can find someone who would love to pay that $$ for it.

A dealer down the street just sold one with 10k miles on it AND a NOS set-up for 39k...

just my .02...

JD

Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid just north of 50k for my B/W w 11k miles. It was super clean with a very strong motor.....it also had brand new HRE's and gears and every bolt on possible!! So I got over 12k worth of parts too!!! It all really depends on how long he is willing to wait for the right buyer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi