Need help deciding on roll bar or cage.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to decide weather or not I want to put a roll bar, or cage in the car for both safety and to run at the track. What options are out there for the Viper? 5 or 6 points, removable swing arms?? I hate to destroy my car, and would want something that would not intefere with everyday cruising with the honeys :p If anyone have any pics of a caged car both interior and exterior would be great. Thanx all :)

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those tubes are really unfriendly to flailing body parts. So, if you do it, make sure you install proper rollbar padding (not pipe insulation), and make sure it leaves enough room for helmet clearance.

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Go out to my website and you will see some pretty good shots of my roll bar. www.samviper.com

I have gotten into a Viper with a full cage and it is not a good idea for the street and especially if you are a big guy!

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm thanx guys for the imput. A quick question, how fast Am I allowed to go on the track with these rollbars? 10s or 9s? Thanx.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
autoform has some nice ones.You may need the side bars to run 10 or 9's.

Max

Reaction score
Mike,

Go out to my website and you will see some pretty good shots of my roll bar. www.samviper.com

I have gotten into a Viper with a full cage and it is not a good idea for the street and especially if you are a big guy!

Sam's AutoForm rollbar BIT me good....but I had to dump $4k into my son's mouth so I must wait a few months:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the seat wont go all the way back where the head rest is. Is this the case?

Looks good, but how do you fit a surf board back there?

Manny

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vipermad, do you have any shots of the rollbar looking in from the door? I'm curious as to how street/race it looks from a passenger's perspective.

I'm also considering whether or not to add a rollbar to the car that is being SC'd. I want the safety, but I really want the car to be a sleeper, i.e., NOT look like a race car when I pull up to somebody or some place, at least not until I put my foot in it.

Thanks,

Manny

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another BTR in red. I believe that you only have to use the removable sidebar that creates the cage when you go into the 9.00's. I have to politely disagree about body parts contacting the rollbar. Without the side bar installed, the human body cannot contact the BTR bar.

96BTR_Rollbar-med.jpg

96BTR_Rollbar_2_-med.jpg

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Pics Guys!!

There are a few more pics on my website showing another fellow VCA members RT/10 with the bar powdercoated Blue.

We keep roll bars and harness sets in stock for both RT/10 and GTS Vipers. Best of luck in your search.

Tom

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow some sweet pics, hmm do any of them limit the seat going all the way back, that is important for me being 6'2 :2tu: