Need Help Finding an Older Goodyear Tire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys, this isn’t Viper related, (it is Mopar related) but I sure could use some help or advice. I need a Goodyear Eagle ST in 205 70 R14 for my ’72 Plymouth. It seems that this tire was discontinued years ago, and I am unable to find one in my area. I put them on the car around 1993. I also understand that this tire underwent a change during it’s lifespan, so I may even be looking for a more elusive item. If I can’t find one, I will put a set of Polyglas E70s on…....at least that would be correct when the restoration is finished. Anyhow, anyone have ideas on how/where to find one? Since the tire was discontinued around 1994-95, I guess I need to find one in someone’s inventory. Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank--what's up? Well, sort of...this was my Grandmother's car new, she gave it to me in '93, 21 years to the day she bought it new. The car is very well documented. Anyhow, these days it lives in my car trailer, but one day it will get a resto. It really needs very little,and I drive it quite a bit. It's a '72 Plymouth (remember them?) Scamp, ice cold A/C. It has every option you could get on it, and I added a set of correct rally wheels when I got it. While pulling it out of the trailer, I rubbed the tire against the fender wheel and ripped the sidewall. I feel like an idiot as I have moved cars from Superbirds and Vipers to a '53 Willys in that trailer and never had an incident. I guess this will force me into the Polyglas tires that I really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude