Need Help Installing Child Seat in 94 RT/10

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had a number of one off conversations with a number of dealerships and viper owners in the past, but have never received the definitive answer that I need. I understand that my 94 Viper originally came with a kit that allowed you to secure a child seat onto the passenger seat. Apparently, from the factory, an extra seat belt was installed underneath the passenger seat that allowed you to secure the child seat. My viper does not have this extra belt- im guessing that one of its previous owners removed it.

I have learned that there are upto 4 factory parts that I could buy to replace the missing extra belt, but have not been told with 100% certainty which parts I should buy. Of the 4 Dodge dealerships here in Dallas I have polled (each has an experienced Viper Tech on Staff), 2 had no idea you could install a child seat, one said I need 2 parts, and one said I needed all 4. None of the dealerships knew how to install the parts, or quite frankly, could not be bothered to find out for me. The service guy generally would forward me to the parts guy, and then I would ultimately get transfered back to the service guy.

For the forum's benefit, below Ive listed the 4 parts that I may need, along with thier part numbers:
  1. FV59 LX9 1 CHILD SEAT, Restraint Assy. ***
  2. 4883 004 1 TETHER, Hardware Package, Child Seat ***
  3. F814 LX9 1 COVER, Front Anchor Bolt Child Restraint (P.A.R.)
  4. 5260 606 1 EXTENDER, Seat Belt
Can someone please assist me and guide me to a resolution? What do I really need, and how do I install the parts. Pictures also would be great. Im sure its not that hard, but just finding someone who could assit has been impossible.

Thank you,

Richard

G

grcforce327

Last edited by a moderator:

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the extra seat belt in mine. I'll check this weekend and repost. I know it's a lap belt that is tucked between the outside edge of the seat and the door sill.
Stay tuned!

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine had the extra seat belt. it was just a simple lap belt that was completely separate from the lap/shoulder conbination that is in the door. I don't remember anything special about it, just bolted to a hole in the floor and used the same receptacle as the lap/shoulder combination belt.

I removed it when I lowered my seats and it now resides in a box in my garage. I can take pics if you need and will pull my seat cushion and see if there is anything worth snapping a picture of to help.

Last edited:

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact opnwide vbmenu_register("postmenu_2387077", true); ! He had a child seat in an RT/10, looked like it was custom made, to fit in the middle in place of the speaker (I think) and a Sony Playstation to keep the kiddo busy, lol!

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's a pic of the belt I removed from my '94:

pics_007.jpg

I remember is was bolted to the car toward the back on the right side of the passenger seat. I can't get a picture of the area without removing the seat and my custom lowered seats make that hard. If I get bored this weekend I may do it.

The wife wasn't to thrilled about selling it, so I think I'll hold on to it. I wonder what this would go for? Maybe that would change my mind.

OP
OP
R

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate your taking the time to take the picture. Let me know if you want to rid your self off it. If you get borded and want to take that other pictures, that would be great too.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about trying to get the car seat installed also. I have that extra lap belt and was looking at the owners manual but it was kind of vague. It references extra parts that you can order but I it looks like you only need them depending upon your car seat (is it a base station, is it rear facing or is it front facing). The manual said there are tether clips behind the seat but I don't see any.

I think that the best bet would be to bring it to the police station and have them take a look at it. I know our local police do all the car seat installations and they could probably tell you if you can use the current belts or what parts you need.

I would love to see picutres of how other people have set up the forward facing car seats but I think my wifes head would explode if she saw my son in the Viper.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Standard belt through the car seat plus a ratch-it strap around the top of the seat.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bolt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456