Need Help... Should I lower it or not?

melialayton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys... I've put it off for another 3 weeks now, but I think it's time to make a decision. My 19" 505A's have been installed and I've got a set of Eibach Springs, but I'm not sure if I should lower the car or not.

Right now (in my opinion) the car looks good, but I know it would look BETTER if the gap was not quite as much as it is now... I don't really have the 4x4 look so it's not bothering me I just think it would look BETTER and little more "sleek" if there was no real "gap" at all

I've heard success stories with the Eibach Springs and bad stories with the Eibach Springs... I've also heard people express concerns about whether or not the kit will work with 19" wheels on a Gen I

HAS ANYONE RUNNING 18" OR 19" PUT THE EIBACH SPRINGS ON A GEN I? I want to install the kit, but I don't want to spend the money if it is going to cause problems in the long run... How much difference does it really make in the height the car sits off the ground, factoring in the difference in the wheel sizes?

Thanks in advance!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both VIpers I've had I've simply cut the springs about 1-1/2". No problems, looks 100 times better.

Lower it..YES

Gerald

OP
OP
M

melialayton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I guess I better call the shop and schedule an appointment

I'll post pictures afterwards

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY SWEET LOOKING GEN I!!

Can you post some pics in this thread. The ones at your website are a little small.

Ed

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the eibacks on my Gen 1 with Forgeline 18" WC3's. It looks great.

367Springs_ride_height_-med.JPG

The gap looks allot bigger than it is. I will take a better picture later.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Click on avatar.....
Lower it you know you want to dont forget to get a re-alignment done after...

OP
OP
M

melialayton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not the best picture, but it's all I have right now...

You must be registered for see images

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why would you guys lower your car. i have almost got stuck!!!! driving over a speed bump in my non lowered gts several times scraping the hell out of the bottom of the car. if it was any lower i would have definatly gotten hung up on it and looked like an ass. my cars shin scraps now at the slightest dip in the road unless i roll 1 mph over it and just to eliminate a wheel gap. do yourself a favor, buy bigger rims to fill the gap 19's will do the sme thing lowering does but it wont cause you to have to repaint the car and be the laughing stock of traffic hung up on a speed bump. but do what you want, its your ride.

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey ab, you car looks really good set as low as it is. But how looks your front specially where a regular car already touch easily.
Just wondering... ;)

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melia, If the roads by you aren't that bad with deviations I would lower it. Very important to have the camber reset after you have the car lowered or you will get uneven tire wear. R/T looks great by the way.

Charlie

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just don't go over speed bumps, so that means I don't go cruising malls and etc.

I have had no real issues of scraping...some times I do, but it's not by much. If you are one of those people that just drives over anything that is in your way, then yes you will have issues...I'm pretty careful how I drive the car and als I do a lot of angles when approaching ramps and other things.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple of shots with Eibachs. Requires backing up the driveway and on a lift.
100_1472.JPG

100_1473.JPG

OP
OP
M

melialayton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great shots Viper_SRT

My biggest concern is the fact that I already have to back the car under the garage... from previous posts I've read some were saying that the car should actually be sitting 1/2" higher now than it was before and that lowering it an 1" should only make it 1/2" lower than factory ride height. If that's the case I wouldn't think it would make that much difference, but I guess I just need to get the measuring tape out and see how close I am before scrubbing now

besides the garage I don't really have any concerns as I can always avoid speed bumps, etc. I just don't want to lose my "parking space"

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone plans on cutting their springs and wants an extra set of springs PM or email me. I have a stock set from my 2001 that I'll sell cheap :D