Need Help / Viper Security system / Car won't start

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchased the car (2006 model) a couple years ago which had the viper brand security system. One of the remotes broke shortly after the purchase so I did not use it anymore. Was working on the stereo last year and removed a box that was under the console which was an adjustable piece used to set the sensitivity of the system. Yesterday, I was installing the ipod adapter (getting ready for the trip to VOI) and needed the small space to the right of the gas pedal and there was a box used for the security system. I cut the box out so now the car will turn over but not start. Anyone know how these systems are wired up? The box had 2 different sets of wires along with what appeared to be a vacuum line. A pic of the box is attached.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
N

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I have the car back up and running. Lesson learned here. Never remove a black box that you don't know what it is!!!. Well, when I was installing the ipod box and messing around under the dash I kept hearing the old viper brand alarm sounding so I just assumed that the aftermarket black box went to that so I removed it. Don't know why the old alarm was acting funny but the black box I removed was the timing control for the paxton. I have reinstalled the box and car started, hopefully it will still run ok, the car is still on the lift so haven't been able to test it out.