Need help with a Fan controller from Roe Racing.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fist off the Kit seems to be high quality and fits in with the Dodge components very well. If you didn't know what you were looking at you would think it came that way. I have installed it with the easy to follow instrutions and I believe I've installed it properly and after letting the car idle for about 20 minutes in the garage the fan doesn't come on after the car is turned off. The sensor seems to get hot and I can "jump" the fan using needle nosed plyers, so it seems to be set correctly.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,

Steve

speedpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put it in my Vette and it works good too. The car may not have got hot enough idling. I wouldn't worry just yet. At the track mine doesn't go on right away after I shut down. It works good and people look after it kicks on and nobody is there.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto Speedpup. Now that my cooling system's working properly again (thanks, Ted!!), my fan never comes on right after I shut off the car. After a couple minutes off, however, the engine heats up the coolant enough to get the thermostat above the magic 200 degree mark, and then the kit turns on, just like it's supposed to.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Steve,
Sorry I wasn't available to help you directly (left the shop Sunday afternoon to do a test day in Savannah, GA today), but the guys have you on the right track. Idling will not get the engine that hot (both coolant and oil), so I wouldn't worry. The kit will kick the fan on after you've been driving and have put the engine under a load. The hotter the engine is (and the ambient temperature) the sooner it will come on. On a cold day, or a short drive, it probably won't come on at all. I live 2.5 miles from the race shop and mine does not come on if I drive straight home. But, on a hot day, or if I've been driving a while, the fan comes on about 45 seconds after I shut the car off (just as I'm walking into the house). It comes on sooner if it's really hot and the fan was running when I shut it off.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan,
I'm "upto" 75 miles on her! My last Viper I sold with 125 miles on it after having it for 8 months. I put many more miles on my Vettes. My 99 has 1,400 and some change. I had an M3 as a daily driver until a couple of months ago and I did put 25,000 on it.
I get a lot of enjoyment out of adding small mods to these cars and only taking them out on special occasions.
Regards,
Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine