Need help with a purchase decision.

robisaacs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and new to Vipers. During my Challenger quest it came to my attention that I could buy a nice GTS for the money I was about to spend on an SRT. I have narrowed my decision to four Vipers, but am just as concerned with who I buy from than just the cars. If anyone knows the individual cars please comment, but I am also looking for information on the dealerships offering them.

Dodge Vipers, Dodge Viper For Sale New & Used, sales, Plymouth Prowlers for sale, Plus Viper Pictures & Sell your viper, buy a viper, purchase a viper, & More

http://www.premiercars.com/Inventory/572/dodge-p3198

2001 Dodge Viper GTS - Sapphire with Silver Stripes

Sport Auto / Lamborghini Carolinas Inventory Listing

Last edited:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bernie sells great cars and is a great guy. Those other places tend to be known for inflated prices but I guess positive buying experiences.

If you're going to spend 48+ on a Viper in this market, you better be getting a damned nice one.

OP
OP
R

robisaacs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My real concern now, beyond price, is that after the initial purchase price, taxes, and insurance, I will have limited funds available for emergency maintenance. With this in mind and the fact that I can not travel to each location and personally test each car, I am at the mercy of the dealership for how the car is mechanically. (and that is beyond scary for me):omg:

OP
OP
R

robisaacs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bernie sells great cars and is a great guy. Those other places tend to be known for inflated prices but I guess positive buying experiences.

Bernie is from BJ motors... Right? (only concern with this one is the number of miles)

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience that premiers cars are all exceptional and they are great to deal with.I have not heard of a bad experience yet.Their cars are all detailed top too bottom.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say go with premier cars as well. I bought my '01 sapphire rt/10 from them. Ask for Chris Guyer if you give them a call. I have heard great things about bj motors as well. I would not worry about the high mileage on the GTS they have. Just means the other owner liked to drive it. My car had only 4200 miles on it when I got it 3 years ago and it had two previous owners.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and new to Vipers. During my Challenger quest it came to my attention that I could buy a nice GTS for the money I was about to spend on an SRT. I have narrowed my decision to four Vipers, but am just as concerned with who I buy from than just the cars. If anyone knows the individual cars please comment, but I am also looking for information on the dealerships offering them.

Dodge Vipers, Dodge Viper For Sale New & Used, sales, Plymouth Prowlers for sale, Plus Viper Pictures & Sell your viper, buy a viper, purchase a viper, & More

http://www.premiercars.com/Inventory/572/dodge-p3198

2001 Dodge Viper GTS - Sapphire with Silver Stripes

Sport Auto / Lamborghini Carolinas Inventory Listing

Where are you located?

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first one listed is for sale by Marv Rose. He is a great guy and only sells the best of the best. I have been buying from him since the very first viper came out.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from Marv as well. Was totally satisfied with the whole transaction. I would buy from him again.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My real concern now, beyond price, is that after the initial purchase price, taxes, and insurance, I will have limited funds available for emergency maintenance. With this in mind and the fact that I can not travel to each location and personally test each car, I am at the mercy of the dealership for how the car is mechanically. (and that is beyond scary for me):omg:

Go with BJ Motors, Premier, or Dodge Vipers for sale. All three are well known here and all three are site supporters with stellar reputations to protect. The Lambo dealer is an unknown and a Viper trade to him is going to be forgotten instantly once it's out the door. The Viper community is not his big concern in taking care of his reputation. Havind said that he may be a very honest dealer and take care of folks after the sale, I'm just saying we have no history with him. I also can say that if you are pressed for time or travel funds you can buy sight unseen from the other three and trust their description of the car.
My personal preference woud be Bernie, but that's based on my almost weekly knowledge of what goes on at his shop due to his nearness. I'm also betting that looking at mileage comparisons his car might be the better deal money wise.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with either BJ's or DodgeVipersForSale's Sapphire car. I would say Premier's Sapphire car but I do not like the Connoly Leather. They are all great dealers and Sapphire is one of the nicest colors made.

I bought my Sapphire from Bernie, love it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you buy from anyone do you homework and shop.The easyiest way to shop to know what to pay is find out what GALVES book is on the car your interested in (Of course you will need the year make model mileage ect )( DO NOT go by Kelly BLUE or Nada) and simply add 3-4 grand.If you were to trade in a Viper you would get Galves value only.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps if you find a car your interested in and dont have access to galves PM me and i will get it for you.Remember 3-4 grand over Galves no more .Anyone trying to get more than that is dreaming in this market.Also remember Galves changes monthly.I traded in an 06 coupe 4000 miles in June (Galves was 55 grand )Galves now is around 53500.00

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from any of those 4 dealers. Most people her are very familiar with Dodge Vipers For Sale (Marv and Nathan Rose), BJ Motors (Bernie Katz), and Premier. Sport Auto is very well repsected in the Ferrari community. Lots of info on them over on Ferrarichat.com if you are looking. All of those dealers tend to stock and sell some of the finer examples on the market.

OP
OP
R

robisaacs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you find one yet or are you still looking?

Still looking right now, I am thinking of waiting for another month or two. My wants are out pacing my wallet right now... Another 5K saved up for the down payment should make the payments more in the toy range and not in the primary car range.

Thanks for all the help though.

V

Venomiss

Still looking right now, I am thinking of waiting for another month or two. My wants are out pacing my wallet right now... Another 5K saved up for the down payment should make the payments more in the toy range and not in the primary car range.

Thanks for all the help though.

Understand and hope you find the "one". You will miss VOI-that part's a bummer.

Just in case you missed this thread-three pages worth.
http://forums.viperclub.org/dealer-...-post-good-first-time-buyers.html#post2400410

Last edited by a moderator:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can probably find a better deal from a private owner. Many Viper owners take GREAT care of their cars, so you can probably find a great car for less $$$. Be patient and buy only the car that you really want. In this economy, you should be able to find exactly what you want for a good price.

OP
OP
R

robisaacs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Price is the hard part... What should one pay for a Blue with Silver strip or Yellow with Black stripe 01 or 02 with 25K or fewer miles? My original thought and KB analysis says 40-45K. However, everyone is asking well over that right now. I would love to buy from an individual but I am uneasy buying sight unseen and setting up delivery of said vehicle