Need help with DOor on My GTS?????

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer here cannot adjust the doors on my yellow black viper. both doors are rubbing the seal when you close the door. (Drivers side is real bad)

they say it is not covered in warrantty due to the fact I have aftermarket interior.

what can be done? how do you adjust the stupid door?

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not buy it here in louisville I bought it out of state so i am sure this is why they are not working with me.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave Jenkins showed me a little trick- he pulls the lower rubber weather seal(the one attached to the car) off and grinds the material down an 1/8th or 1/4 of and inch and reapplys the rubber. You then have some extra clearance. He's here in Orange County if you want to speak to him.

Victory Vipers (949)248-2440
or [email protected]

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

I am a little on the Dealers side. After-market interior can change a lot of things.

I can help with the door. Take the side cover off in front of the door. You will see it is fully adjustable.

Place a floor jack with a piece of wood on it. Only make contact with the door frame and not the outer painted door skin.

You can move the door front to back, up and down. Set the door slightly high, it will sag with the jack is removed and weight is on the hinges. Trial and error and you can get it perfect. No need to grind the seal strip.

You will also need to adjust the door lock strike. Once you have the door correct, adjust the locking side. Give yourself lots of time.

Vipers do like to rub on the rear of the door right below the door handle. Viper doors fit great with no interior but a lot of them rub slightly when you close the door.

Jerry

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What DJ said to do is correct!! :cool: Just mark the spots, pull up w/s grind off some material and refit. work's find, my dealer replaced my w/s for me under warranty. :headbang: