Need help with gas siphon

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever siphoned gasoline out of their Viper? I tried using a conventional siphon pump but all I get is air.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You need to stick your hose ALL the way in...or get a LONGER hose...another problem with a long, limp hose is that the end can curl around and be ABOVE the fuel line....dON'T get it stuck in there !!!

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm, I will keep trying. The siphon hose is long enough and it doesn't seem to be curling up. It just doesn't seem to hit gas??

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed my fuel pump and had the same problem. The problem is there is a small check ball at the end of the filler tube. It's actually part of the tank. I was never able to go thru so..... After taking it apart I found out why. The check ball is there so when cornering fuel doesn't flow up the neck and up to the cap.
I'm guessing. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup... didn't got it to work. Not a big deal. Just have to mix 91 with 100 octane now.

Thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperrt96,
did you replace the pump yourself? I had mine replaced under warranty, and would not want to tackle that one by myself.

Mike

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't that bad. The biggest problem to me was wiggling the tank out and back in. The tank comes out thru the trunk of the RT10. The access panel is exactly the size of the tank. I don't have a warranty and the cost of the fuel pump alone was over $450. That was the biggest reason I did my own. Glad I did. Peice of cake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wesleyCrowbar