Need help with jump starting 06..

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it finally happened.. went to start this afternoon and got the machine gun sound. Where is the best place to attach the ground clamp? I did a search but couldn't find anything on this topic. Sorry if its been covered before.

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I jumped mine off the fuel rail, but like steve said any available piece of metal is good. Although not recommend there is also the negative post, but chances of a battery explosion increase.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys. i was able to use a bolt near the windshield on the drivers side. for some reason thats the only place i could successful get ground before reading these posts.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I jumped mine off the fuel rail, but like steve said any available piece of metal is good. Although not recommend there is also the negative post, but chances of a battery explosion increase.

The fuel rail?
Wow that was your lucky day, shoulda headed for Vegas after that.

rosco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just get any teenage kid to sit in the car and work the clutch and push start it. you will get it back in a couple days with the battery fully charged. maybe.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao:
big no- no- also if you have to jump,unplug the alternater for power surge....be careful out there folks(fuel rail?) dam dude!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi