Need info for car cover!

viperkraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brand do you use? It's for a 97GTS and is stored indoors. Just need one to keep the dust off. Thanks!

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Mopar car cover which I think go for $195 new, though several folks usually have them for sale used and you can occassionally get them on ebay for less. Very happy with mine...also has pockets for side mirrors and clear view section for license plate visibility.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Mopar car cover also. I bought it off of eBay used and it's in excellent shape. It appears to be made of Kimberly-Clark's Evolution 4 material which was similar to my old Stealth car cover except this one has the side mirror pockets and the clear license plate area. It also came in a cool bag and has the Viper logo embroidered on it.

I am extremely happy with it.

Hope this helps,
Santo

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
california car cover was $300-350 i dont remember for sure they have 5-6 different fabrics depending on storage conditions. the feature that sold me was it is machine washable at home(not a laundramat).

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just purchased a Griot's Garage cover. I like the feel of the fabric so far. It is the one that is marked best for indoor dust on the web site. It is not for outdoor use. The color is light tan.

Good luck with your choice.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For inside use, CCCC makes a cotton cover that has a nice soft lining...kind of like flannel. I use these on all my inside stored cars.

For outside use, Covercraft (who makes most of the covers for everyone else anyway) makes a very lightweight, very water repellant cover of Nextec. The only drawback is that putting it on or off in the wind can be a challenge.

Back on topic. For inside use, you really are best off with a cover like the cotton ones. Since you do not need the water repellant kind, you are best with the one that is softest to your paint.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff...yes. But, you one may also want to try any of the other car cover sellers, on-line or local.

My latest cover, bought for my '03 Cobra that stays outside, was purchased at my local auto parts shop who is a Keystone warehouse dealer. They know the Covercraft Rep and when I spoke to him, he explained that Covercraft makes just about every cover sold. When I looked at my CCCC covers...with the exception of their logo...the same type of part number making, etc.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered Covercraft's Dustop cover. It had great user reviews, and I was able to find a direct online place that provided decent prices w/o shipping.

All said and done, looking at $186. Now if I find one of these stupid cats in the garage, I'll kill them for sure!

Mike M

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would you cover such a beautiful car, don't you like to drive it?

just buy a california duster (~$30) at the local parts store and dust it off before you take it out...

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do like driving them, but I like them to be clean every time I go to do so. Not to mention my wife doesn't see a problem with letting cats in the garage - But that will have to change :)

Mike M

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was getting ready to put mine in the classifieds. Only used a few times, and only after my car was just waxed. I think I got it from Partsrack and I'll sell it half price, how’s that?

ZOOMBI U

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the fitted Mopar cover, very happy with it. Nicely padded , very fast and easy to get on and off, you should be able to find one on Ebay for a reasonable price, Cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960