Need leaking Gen2 OE radiator for project

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to be in great shape short of a leaky core which I plan on replacing. The last one I saw on eBay in USABLE condition went for less than $170 w/ $30 ship so don't waste my time with BS prices.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I have a Gen 1 radiator. Soon after I bought the car (1998) I could see that the soldering holding the side tank to the "plate" with the many slots (that allow flow into the finned tubes) was leaking. It is at the lower corner near the pipe plug drain. I attempted to use hard-drying cement, then realized the Canadian warranty still applied. I received a replacement radiator from the dealer, but they only had a "Gen 2" radiator available. The difference is where the holes to attach the fan shroud are - while it is out, you could add the two or three holes you need (some of the holes did line up.) To complete my personal story, when I went back to the dealer and told them about the new radiator not lining up with the old shroud, they "had" to give me a new fan/shroud also. So I was a very happy camper.

Yours for $100. Pics for free. Lemme know by PM if you're interested, I don't visit this forum often. I'll take a more critical look at it since it has been dry for 10 years.

I'd love to have my stuff in your car... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456