Need Opinion on Clutch Noise

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year, I completed some preventive maintenance on my 94 RT/10 by replacing the slave and master cylinders. When I drove the car out of the dealership I noticed a new noise coming from the clutch. Its been back to the dealership 5 times over the last 12 months, but the noise has still not been eliminated.

When the car is cold, when shifting into first from a dead stop, and I shift between the range of ~500 to ~2000 RPMs, the clutch squeals. The sound slowly dissipates as the clutch warms up. So, if I start from a dead start at less than 500 rpm and let it slowly “pull me” into gear, no sound, and if I rev the engine above ~2000 rpm, no sound. It seems that with the more stress caused by the transfer of energy, the sound reappears. I can also reproduce the sound by rapidly down shifting between gears at high revs. Again, once the car (the clutch) is warmed up, the sound goes away.

I would love to get this fixed. The car drives fine, clutch works perfectly, but the sound is really annoying/ embarrassing. Any thoughts?

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a simlar sound after i did the clutch and throw out bearing. It ended up being a bad throw out bearing.

OP
OP
R

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. We thought that it could be the throw out bearing too, replaced it during one of the last 5 visits (on their dime), but that did not fix the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang