Need Opinions on OE Wheel Painting

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a black Viper, I'm planning on painting the OE 5 spoke rims black. I do not, however, like the look of all blacked out wheels as, IMO, they visually disappear.

So the question that I face is where to stop the painting, i.e., what parts of the wheel remain polished.

Here's a blacked out OE 5 spoke:

w3.jpg

And since I couldn't find painted variations with an OE wheel, here's non-OE wheels in with "various stages" of paint to illustrate my question:

From (I wish I knew the technical names of the wheels sections) the least amount of polish area:

w2.jpg

To more left polished:

w4.jpg

w1.jpg

I'm not interested in an aftermarket wheel. What do you all think?

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Vote GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D's Rims look good in the dark grey... Do you have the stock oe5 spokes or the ACR rims?????

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3rd is too much for me, 2nd as well and I absolutely love the first pic. Just a small delicate portion of the rim polished is enough to make it look classy, and the aftermarket rim in that particular picture is not too shabby looking either.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3rd is too much for me, 2nd as well and I absolutely love the first pic. Just a small delicate portion of the rim polished is enough to make it look classy, and the aftermarket rim in that particular picture is not too shabby looking either.
That's the one I also like the most. The rims are beautiful, but I want to stay with OE (and don't want to spend the extra 6-7G's :smirk:).

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Vote GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D's Rims look good in the dark grey... Do you have the stock oe5 spokes or the ACR rims?????
5 spoke. I guess I could also consider dark gray (we use "a" here...and "i" with tire LOL). Would pick up the metalic stripes. Thanks for introducing yet another alternative, BAZ! :mad::rolaugh:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your welcome Mr City.................

The main reason i went with OE was to keep it all mopar and the 5 spokes look good OE and powder coated...

The ACR rims may look good with the polished lip but not the standard 5 spokes as the spokes blend into the outer edge....

PS still vote green ........

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As noted there is no lip on the OEM five star so I would think it would be tough to design a paint/polished scheme unless you go with the ACR/Copperhead wheel. I personally think the 5 star with the factory finish is great, especially on black.

I would spend the money on other mods... headers and exhaust= 40 plus HP on the 08!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery