Need pic of green RT/10 w/white stripes, Q's also

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need pic of green RT/10 w/white stripes, Q\'s also

I want to try some white vinyl stripes on my green 95. Can someone please post or email me a pic or pics of this setup? I've searched and searched and can't find any! I think it will look pretty good. I talked to a vinyl sign shop today and he can get me the stripes, but he can't guarantee that if I take them off later on, my paint will be perfect. He said the biggest problem would be fading. But i'm talking weeks if I don't like them. so no problem there. He also said that if any residue was left, some rubbing alcohol would take it off. Following by a nice washing and zaino of course. My question is has anyone removed vinyl stripes and experienced any problems with residue or clear coat 'softening'?? What brand of stripes did you use? I would like to drive it for a few weeks and see how the stripes fit, and if I don't like them return it back to normal. Thanks

ps, i have read almost every post returned under a search for 'stripes'

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need pic of green RT/10 w/white stripes, Q\'s also

I am thinking of silver stripes/silver emblems on green... would like to see pics if anyone has this combo already.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If any of you guys have a pic that's straight on I can do it. USAF's avatar is too low to photoshop for my talents.

Craig

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

use a 3M cast vinyl with a 8 year outdoor life, it will go around the curves and wont fade, I changed the stripes a few months later, no residue or didnt notice softening of the clearcoat. You could apply 'temporary' stripes a much cheaper option if youre not sure, its has a semi permanent adhesive and will remove easily, that what I did to judge if I liked the look before sticking on the permanent material

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is an awesome green color scheme. The pic makes the green Viper look black but I believe it was a 94 or 95 with the factory color green like yours. Sadly the Sea Snake is no longer with us. I hope he doesn't mind me posting it.

You must be registered for see images

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't worry about any residue. You can get some adhesive remover and it will come right off. Look in the yellow pages under sign suppliers. You can also save yourself alot of money by putting the stipres on too, however it is very hard to do. You can get a price on the vinyl form the same store. I think the smallest width rolls or 15" (really 14"). You got my number, call me if you need more info.

OP
OP
U

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The SEASNAKE was black. I talked to him several times about it when it was for sale. I wanted it bad! But I wasn't quite ready and then it was killed...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will see if I can dig up a picture of Gary's green RT/10 from the Kansas City VCA. No white stripes, but a beautiful gold instead. I will get LOTS of pictures of it when it finally arrives back from Doug Levin's shop in the next couple weeks (rumor has it that this will be some of the most advanced Gen I work to come out of that supertuner's shop). He also has a custom interior and it is one of the best looking Vipers on the road, IMHO. I'll see if I have any older photos of it in the meantime!

Chris

PS. One of our other members did his own vinyl stripes on his GTS (yellow on red w/yellow wheel package) and it looks great.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Chris, you wanna post a pic of that Red/Yellow combo too? I've seem a single stripe on a Red/Yellow Venom 650R and always enjoy seeing others' combinations.

-Matt

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris,

Gary's car sounds pretty sweet!! Do you have any idea of what he is getting done to it at Doug's shop, I would presume super-charging given the shop, but I was just curious?

Sounds like it is a nice ride> I have been contemplating the super charge route.

I love my Gen I, but am not sure whether they work well with super-chargers or whether it is worth it.

Thanks,
Ed

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It's a nasty 15 minute hack job but should give you an idea of how it will look.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty soon we will have a Photo Gallery where people can post pictures of every year and color combination. Once we do that, it should be easy to find what you need.

Software is already in BETA. One idea might be to add a "what if" seciton where we can post pictures of cars that havent been produced!

OP
OP
U

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what have you done to my beautiful green!?!?!?!?!

jk, thanks for the help. I think craig was working on an actual pic of my car. I think i'm going to go ahead and get them done next week.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by USAF BAD ASP:
The SEASNAKE was black.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected.

First I started needing reading glasses now I'm going color blind.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

didn't turn out as well as I thought but....

Stripes are a little off-centered but it gives you an idea.

Craig

OP
OP
U

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks craig. It looks great. I have talked to many different people about this and finally made my decision to go with a guy about 20 mins from me who owns a sign shop. He's very experienced with doing stripes and does them quite often. He's pulled them off many cars as well. He's never had any problems with residue, clear coat softening, or paint coming off, so I feel very comfortable with his products. He's even very familiar with the viper! I'm going up there monday, weather permitting, so I'll post some pics of what might be one of a very small handful of green w/white stripes out there!

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris,
Just got back from a visit with DLM and it looks like the car will be done in time for KCVCA dyno-day. Many thanks for your kind words about my car. You will get the chance for as many pic's as you wish when the car returns (approx. April 1).

ACELLRB,
The car is definitly going to be S/C. I really cant give you any more details than that as we are still thinking of more things to do to it. I will be willing and able to tell the world in about a month when it is done. Thanks for the intrest, and feel free to contact Doug Levin, as gen I cars are IMHO worth supercharging. Gary
( GREEN MONSTER SOON TO BE RELEASED ON THE STREET )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery