need some advice

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd definitely say that a Viper and school parking lot do not go hand in hand.. If you've got the cash to afford a viper, then go with Birvini's suggestion and get a storage unit, or your gonna be looking at having a nightmare of a time keeping your car from getting vandalized.. Imagine drunks heading through the parking lot after a night at the bar and seeing a nice shiny viper with noone around.. there are LOTS of vindictive people in this world and hell.. read some of the posts here.. people on the boards get their cars vandalized just doing normal day to day stuff where they can keep an eye on their cars for the most part. Its a sure thing in a school parking lot. The car cover is nothing but a false sense of security.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohit,

Before I got my car I read all about guys who wont even go to the movies in their Viper because they can't watch it They want to go to the mall but they either wont or if they do they park it 1/2 a mile away.

Well this is great for those guys but you dont' have that option.

About a year ago I read a post by a guy who actually rents Vipers out and had not had a problem in 3 years.

That convinced me to get a viper and not be so worried about it like so many other guys are.

Well I now have almost 20,000 miles on my RT10. I park it whereever I happen to have to go. Infact my condo does not have a garage where I now live and I have had absolutely NO problems.

I have not had any leak problems even while driving in a heavy down poor. Sounds like others either have had problems with leaks or just think you will.

Remember YOU own the Viper it is not suppose to own YOU> :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Sublease..get a house with a garage, lot more fun anyway, no problems with having a noisy party etc.
2. If you live anywhere near a residential neighborhood, look around for someone who will rent a garage, if it's a two car maybe a buddy with another special car would share the rent, chexck the classifieds in the papers for folks looking to rent their garage.
3. Get the storage space for the Viper, keep the other car or truck, you will be much happier in the long run, you simply can't leave a Viper unnattended that much,it WILL get targeted for either theft or vandalism repeatedly, I would calculate the life of your tires and wheels to be around two weeks in that environment, they are worth many thousands to a thief.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MichaelP's got a good point, I know a college campus is a bad place to have a viper, but this is my dream car and I don't think I can keep it locked up. Not saying that I won't take care of it, but thats what a full insurance coverage is for. Plus how many people are lucky enough to own a viper? We might as well enjoy it, only get to live once.

That is exactly right you only live once.

I have no idea why so many people don't use their Viper as a daily driver. Even saying Daily Driver is so funny it is a FREAKING car drive it til the wheels fall off in the short, medium and long run you will be happy. :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
College + Viper + Apartment??? Sounds like your priorities are a little mixed up, but if you can afford a Viper in that situation then you can probably afford to have it repaired if vandalized. Get it and enjoy.

At least you won't have to worry about anyone stealing the stereo. LOL

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like a previous suggestion. If at all possible rent a house with a garage. Security for the car plus a place to wash it.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is ZERO percent chance that your car will remain untouched sitting outside your apartment in a college community. As long as you don't mind having your insurance premiums increased as they pay for the repairs, then keep it outside. But if you look hard, you should be able to share a house with a garage for a little more than your apartment and just think of the piece of mind you will have. All I can say is I am envious as I was poorer than dirt during my college years. Congratulations on your car!

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MichaelP's got a good point, I know a college campus is a bad place to have a viper, but this is my dream car and I don't think I can keep it locked up. Not saying that I won't take care of it, but thats what a full insurance coverage is for. Plus how many people are lucky enough to own a viper? We might as well enjoy it, only get to live once.

I have no idea why so many people don't use their Viper as a daily driver. Even saying Daily Driver is so funny it is a FREAKING car drive it til the wheels fall off in the short, medium and long run you will be happy. :)
I drive mine every day.. it IS my daily driver... 1996 RT. I have not had any problems with vandalism, and I always park out of sight it seems.
It does leak in a HEAVY rain.... but I just take the floor mats out and drive with the roof off for the next few dry days....... I have only had to remove the carpets once to clean up deep water.

I would recommend renting a house with some buddies.... if you put it in a storage unit you will not drive as often!! Plus... with a garage you have somewhere to install all those mods you WILL be ordering!!

Lance

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Rohit!

Tracy, what's that in the Big Ben clip, right in the geographical center of the United States map, uhm, "Canada Forever, Beeeeaaaatch"?

I sense we are being attacked from the North, just as predicted in John Candy's prophetic epic "Canadian Bacon"!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be Careful make sure to follow proper break in procedures! This could save you lots of headaches later. Resist the urge w/ your right foot for at least that long. You are dealing w/ 14-15K motor. Use it in good health.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, Rohit!

Tracy, what's that in the Big Ben clip, right in the geographical center of the United States map, uhm, "Canada Forever, Beeeeaaaatch"?

I sense we are being attacked from the North, just as predicted in John Candy's prophetic epic "Canadian Bacon"!

Are you talking to me? opps, guess not as another "Tracy" posted.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I drive mine every day.. it IS my daily driver... 1996 RT. I have not had any problems with vandalism, and I always park out of sight it seems.
It does leak in a HEAVY rain.... but I just take the floor mats out and drive with the roof off for the next few dry days....... I have only had to remove the carpets once to clean up deep water.

I would recommend renting a house with some buddies.... if you put it in a storage unit you will not drive as often!! Plus... with a garage you have somewhere to install all those mods you WILL be ordering!!

Lance

HA HA HA how awsome is that. Take the top off and to dry the mats. Life IS GOOD> :)

Vipers and Florida GREAT match.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had to skip my classes today to drive my viper around campus, apparently all the guys here already hate me and the girls love me.

oon another note a viper definitly gets more attention than a 911, pulled up next to one today. smoked his [******] too.

YIKES you are racing with a brand new Viper ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi