Need to park the viper out in the snow for 3 months!!! ahhh any advice?

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just moved out of my house because of some issues and my new place that im temporarily staying in dosent have a garage!! Bummer. Anyways Im gonna be looking for a new home to move to for good with a garage of course within the next 3 months. Just wondering should I put a car cover on it? I have had the car for 4 years and its been garaged all its life even for the 4 years the previous owner had it. The car cover I have is one made for a viper, it fits like a glove. But the weather here is horrible. Today we got a few inches of snow/sleet. Ahhhhh im so upset! i have a driveway to park it in to keep it off the road but i do want the car covered as it is on some what of a busy road. Any advice?? Im so bummed.
Martin

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a storage unit...you'll have peace of mind and only need to keep it there until the weather breaks.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By all means, rent a storage unit. One that will fit the car. They are relatively cheap and will keep the car clean. Some even have security. Maybe a member will step up and offer a space somewhere. If you were in Traverse City Mi area I would make room for you. No car cover is going to protect it for long. Wind is another issue. If the cover starts whipping for a prolonged time, it can cause makes on the surface of the car. Another issue is critters crawling inside for dinner and warmth. There is NO good way to store a car outside in the elements IMHO. Store it inside!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, don't just cover the Viper....please put it in storage!!! WELL worth the money for peace of mind.
Sorry that circumstances have come to this...but yeah, you don't want ANY of the Viper in the weather you get (same as ours in Albany, NY)...the moisture underneath and all...arghhhhh!!! Good Luck in your home search. ~juli

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys I just called a few places in the area i think it goes for about $150 bucks/month maybe ill do that....(uhaul storage area), Would it be better for now to not have a car cover on it at all??? Anyone wanna let me use your garage :)? Ill give you good frozen seafood for trade (thats what I sell all day!) Lobster, king crab, snow crab, shrimp, haddock yummmmmm thanks for the advice!:drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oooo, that's VERY tempting...seafood for a garage...where you located again???? LOL...no, you're not close enough, and our garage is full of sleeping BEASTS too...sorry...but yeah, I'd go for the storage!
(If your car is OUTSIDE right now, I'd cover it and get to storage place pronto!) ~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my garage filled with my project car and parts, etc. and therefore my Viper is always outside covered with an Evolution car cover that is specifically made for my GEN2 Viper....I would recommend the car cover to anyone! Even once your garage issue is cleared up, the car cover will keep dust off the car within your garage and could last for years inside.

Regards,
Aaron

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My cousin lives in Barre, MA and has a huge garage. He would probably let you keep it there, just take him for a cruise as payment...lol. He has a few bikes and loves Vipers. If you are interested I can ask him.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my garage filled with my project car and parts, etc. and therefore my Viper is always outside covered with an Evolution car cover that is specifically made for my GEN2 Viper....I would recommend the car cover to anyone! Even once your garage issue is cleared up, the car cover will keep dust off the car within your garage and could last for years inside.
Regards,
Aaron

AARON!!!! GOOD to see you posting! Missed ya! Yes, certainly agree with the car cover!
~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Juli,

My laptop's motheboard croaked, so I've been waiting for parts, so I've been having to use my ex-fiancee's computer until probably late this week. Other than that, I've been consumed with finishing off my project car and getting it running and titled before I move.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Juli,
My laptop's motheboard croaked, so I've been waiting for parts, so I've been having to use my ex-fiancee's computer until probably late this week. Other than that, I've been consumed with finishing off my project car and getting it running and titled before I move.
Regards,
Aaron

Well, you've got a nice ex-fiancee there...I meant to tell you earlier I was sorry to hear about that. But, that's all for a different thread or PM...sorry to hijack this one!~! PM me if you have a chance about your project car!!! Thx...juli

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd offer to put in mine if I had room.

Let me also check with some of the NE members for you. Your problem now is just moving the car. I can't imagine you want to go too far with it. Do you have access to a trailer?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys I just called a few places in the area i think it goes for about $150 bucks/month maybe ill do that....(uhaul storage area), Would it be better for now to not have a car cover on it at all??? Anyone wanna let me use your garage :)? Ill give you good frozen seafood for trade (thats what I sell all day!) Lobster, king crab, snow crab, shrimp, haddock yummmmmm thanks for the advice!:drive:

My kids are crazy about Lobster , Sounds like a deal.
PM sent

FLX109

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha you guys are to funny, Id definitely, be willing to hook you guys up with some good seafood in trade for some storage haha. I dont mind driving somewhat of a distance for a place to park it safely with shelter. Shouldn't be anymore than 3 months I believe but when the weather gets better I would be okay with parking it in my driveway I guess (just incase I dont find a new house in that amount of time). I didn't even find a place to store it yet because the Uhaul thats closest to me is full and Im on a waiting list. Im also at work so cant really be doing other things untill I get home. ...I actually put it in my boss's garage the other day but I need to get out asap because his girlfriends car is now out in the snow......and the other day he was calling places to find different places on where to put my car (I kinda got the hint there that he didnt want it in his house). I kinda feel bad but he understands my situation. I dont even have the internet at my new place yet so I cant even follow up with this thread untill tomorrow morning. I appreciate the all the help, thanks
Martin

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin. I just got back from sunny Florida a couple of hours ago and had a email from WOT about your problem. I am the one with the cobra that looked at your Viper a couple of years ago. I might be able to help. Just sent you a pm.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regards,
Aaron

My car is garaged for the Winter, but occasionally in the warmer months it may sit outside for a few days here and there, and I keep it covered with TWO covers. A 4 Layer Evolution and another 3 Layer Weathershield on top of that. I purchased them from Big Sky Car Cover Outlet and they are specific to my '06 Coupe, so they fit like a glove. I've got wheel covers as well.

I has been through a couple rain storms and with both covers, it doesn't even get wet.:headbang:

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha Andrew easy for you to say.....its 30 degrees out here! I like washing my car but not if I cant get the water cause its frozen!!!!!! haha

OP
OP
M

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the the help guys, just to give you an update I looked at a house yesterday with a 2 car garage and am very interested, hopefully something will work out. FLX and Cobra thanks for your offers I will keep them in mind if this house dosent pull through this week or by sometime next week.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another option is to buy a "temporary garage". One of those canvas/awning material with tube frame buildings. Get one with sides for about $300. I was going to buy just a roof/frame one to set over my car at outdoor car shows to keep the sun from baking my car. With good anchors on the 'feet' you should be OK and when you get a real garage you can fold the temp garage up for later.

Ted