Need to sell '99 GTS *quick* -- Any suggestions?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need to sell \'99 GTS *quick* -- Any suggestions?

You might want to list it on autotrader.com and cars.com as well.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For Quick sale - either sell at below market price, or offer it to Brokers or high volume dealers like Fitzgerald, Woodhouse, or Roanoke. They will offer wholesale though, which you should be able to sell it for quickly to the "general public" for in pretty short order. If you reduce the price by the cost of a Dupont Registry ad, that might do it too
smile.gif

Sales appear to be a little slower now than in the past. More Vipers available than in recent memory, likely folks selling cars in anticipation of the '03.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with Jay- plenty of buyers are reading the Viper classifieds- price it fairly and offer to send email photos.
I was very disappointed with the response I got from AutoWeek classified. Plenty of people looking at DuPont Registry, but isn't a small ad something like (choke) $600?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You said "SELL IT REAL QUICK"

Put it on the classifieds for 55,000 to 58,000.

'nuff said

Gerald

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Another thought might be to have someone sell it through consignment. They will get a piece of the pie, but they will also have the responsibility of storing it (putting it on display). The drawback there is that anyone and can touch/sit in it. The hard part is finding a company that will store/display it in doors.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Why can't someone nail this Mohammad Mohammad guy? I would love to drive my viper over his slurpie drinking butt!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll wire you 45k cash.. upon clean inpsection...
smile.gif

Gerald

Reaction score

Call Glenn at Caldwell 760 598-6565. He is looking for a low cost GTS with miles. But if you make him a deal he would likely buy it. Give him a call, tell him I suggested you call. Anyone else want to sell their GTS. The best win-win is for a out of warranty GTS with serious engine problems.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My goodness, why so high? I pay about that much every 6 months for two cars and I'm currently with Nationwide.

Matt

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean:

Posting messages at 4:39 AM - What's up with that? Beach weekend dude!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

I think it is the 2 tickets and the accidents that's killing you... although NYC rates are definitely high (and NJ is not much better), the rates you are quoting are absolutely insane for any state! Almost pays to rent a place in PA, CT (or even in CA!) for purposes of establishing residency! Just find a loft above a garage or something that'll just run you a $100-200 a month.

Whatever price you get, even $50K or so, would be better than having your Snake eat away $5000 a year or more!

Just another thought, how 'bout sending your Snake to Chris Barone (West Orange NJ) for some upgrades ..... tell him "no rush"... don't need it for a year or two!

Since your in NYC, please feel free to visit any of our NJ region events (whether snakeless or not)... we have plenty of generous members that will surely give you some seat time (although let's keep your driving record confidential!) LOL