Needed Links And Info For You VOI Folks

Reaction score
I've composed a small amount of info for you VOI folks about Nashville. This will be for the hubby's and the wife's (wife's if your not attending too). Any questions or anymore info you would like please feel free to ask me.

1. As far as road conditions in the Nashville area for VOI. There going **** going to and from Nashville from the hotel. One of the main reasons is because there doing road construction right at the Briley Parkway/65 split into Nashville. Other than that should be pretty easy on the snakes and there cargo.

2. Info on the hotel and surrounding areas, which I'm sure most of you already have. But for those you don't here are some helpful links about the hotel. All pictures and info taken off there web page for those of you to lazy to go to there site.

615-871-OPRY for info and tickets.

Opryland Hotel Web Page

Delta Flat Bottom Boat Tours Web Page

General Jackson Show Boat Web Page

As for the hotel it has 2,881 guest rooms, including 220 suites. Not to mention 30 specialty shops and a variety of restaurants and lounges. And, amazingly, 600,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.

Map of surrounding area with local points of interests outlined:

You must be registered for see images

The world-famous Wildhorse Saloon in downtown Nashville offers country that kicks seven days a week! Kick back and enjoy award-winning classic American Bar-B-Que or our other down-home cookin’ followed by a delicious homemade desert. Work it off on the Wildhorse’s 3,300 square foot dance floor, check out our dance lessons, or listen to live contemporary country music. For tickets and information, stop by the Wildhorse Saloon Retail Store or call 615-902-8200
Wildhorse Saloon Web Page

This completely refurbished, historic venue is Nashville's premier performance hall and museum. Enjoy one of the many regularly scheduled productions or use the Ryman for a private reception, special meeting, or a dinner party on the historic stage.

Ryman Auditorium Web Page

Nothing compares with the world-famous Grand Ole Opry with shows every Friday and Saturday night. Your group can enjoy one of these legendary performances or--with its 4,400 seats-- the Opry House can be rented for special events, general meeting sessions, and multi-media shows.

Grand Ole Opry Web Page

At 1.2 million square feet, Opry Mills combines the best names in retail with the hottest experiences in entertainment in one of the most well-known locations in the world. Visit the Opry Mills web site for more information on this fascinating place!

Opry Mills Web Page

Gaylord Opryland was voted #1 for:

*Best Hotel

*Best Place to take out-of-town guests

*Best Sunday Brunch

3. For tons of info (more than you'll ever use) go to:
Nashville Citysearch Web Page

This will give everyone including Gerald info on historic places, restaurants, clubs etc. etc.

4. Weather and news is a plus when your from out of town.

Weather Web Page

5. As for radio stations in Nashville they are as follows:

Country stations include, 97.9, 95.5, 95.1, 94.7, 96.7, 103.3
Rock include 102.9, 107.5, 102.5
Oldies include 96.3, 104.5, 105.9
Rap & Misc. include 101.1, 106.7, 92.1
News & Talk include 99.7

6. I think this includes most of the things in Nashville for VOI but if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks and see you all there at VOI!!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap, that is a whole bunch of Info, esp from a non owner. If me and my dad were making the trip, I'd definately print all this out.

Thanks for the effort!

Craig

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason,
Thanks for the links, and for looking out for us, and thank you for the e-mail
wink.gif
you rock!

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Birvini:
Great info, thanks!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Birvini:
Jason, even if you are a non owner, are you going?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I will be attending guest of Prashant Patel. Hope to see you there.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 'VIPERESS':
Hey Jason,
Thanks for the links, and for looking out for us, and thank you for the e-mail
wink.gif
you rock!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are you going now Laura?

supergrin.gif

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:
Also been suggested is The Staggerwing museum in Tullahoma, Tn and the Jim Beam distillery are a couple of good stops.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to let you know that these places are just South of Nashville.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Is that your cell #?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct