Never titled 1992 Vipers $200K

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, I might be willing to let go of mine at that price.:)

There have been some nice 92s on ebay lately including the Viper legend Gary Lashinsky "s car (and his 98)

Last edited:

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if he would pick me and my friend up from the airport so we can drive them home? :)

Price doesn't seem that off if they were properly stored.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some 1992 sold for $150k.... John Elway paid that for his.

I was an active buyer for a 1992 back then. Dodge Marketing kindly sent me a list of every dealer that had one available....and I flew to see 2, and see if I would fit.

The LEAST expensive one I found back then was $80,000, and it had some demo-miles on it. I sent a nasty note back to Dodge Marketing about "these greedy Dodge dealers" asking MSRP + $25K - $45K. Many were in the hands of Brokers.

A guy who eventuly became the club Godfather, Ron Smith, called me back and did some legwork to find me a car at MSRP.....which I did buy. But it was a 1993. I later bought 1992 # 089.

If these cars are $100k now (I did not see the link) that is not a bad deal.

The OE tires on the photo above are the period-corect XGT-Z, and not the mxx as cited erroneously.

Also: I have never posted on flea-bay. When and if I ever do, I will have zero feedback, and zero sales. I dont think that a zero-feedback means anything other than he has managed to avoid flea-bay as I have for more than a decade. It does not make the seller dishonest because he has not hung with thieves for ten years.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Jon's point some sold for even more. Not sure what the final sale price, but if you look in the front of Maurice Liang's Viper Buyers Guide there is a picture of a 92 window sticker listed for $250k!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... but I have seemed to miss placed my wallet so I guess I can't.

You must be registered for see images attach

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB, your post brought back good memories, the prices and activity was crazy back them. I was working for Chrysler Financial back in the Atlanta regional office. Some of the field sales guys at Motors didn't know if they'd sell and thought they could turn into field demo's! Factory put out the list of what regions were allocated and the dealer names. Some of the dealers sold them at list to long time customers, other's were out to hit home runs. I was sent to put a big financing package in place for a large multi dodge dealer in Jackson MS. I saw he had a '92 and asked him how he got it, as no dealer in the New Orleans Zone had an allowcation. He showed me the MSO, he bought it at the Dallas auction for $92K, the MSO had been reassigned 8 times! Year later when I went to NY Region, the urban legion was Eddie Murphy paying $125K for his. Small NJ dealer turned down $100K from the Auto toy store in FL, 4 years later he sold it for $55K. Wild times and unforgettable memories!

These two look great, the bargain may be the 72 mile, vin#99 in AZ for 60K.

Wish I had the $$$'s and the room!

Last edited:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are my cars, my father bought them for me when I was 4 years old. I don't need the money, I'm just make'n room for my 02 RT/10:D

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool time capsules, but since I would drive them, it makes no sense to buy a museum piece and make into a "used car".

Regards,
Aaron

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool time capsules, but since I would drive them, it makes no sense to buy a museum piece and make into a "used car".

Regards,
Aaron

If you don't need the $$, I'll make you a very insulting offer. Accept it and we all win. You don't get any money you don't need and I get two 92 RT/10s :D

sorry, I was just hav'n a dream:lmao: I owned them for about 5mins then I woke up:(

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be like buying 53 Vettes in 1972 for $30,000 each. But then again someone will have to wait awhile to see REAL $$$ from these (or their grandchildren)

But even 53 Vettes are not going for what they did 3-5 years ago.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be like buying 53 Vettes in 1972 for $30,000 each. But then again someone will have to wait awhile to see REAL $$$ from these (or their grandchildren)

But even 53 Vettes are not going for what they did 3-5 years ago.

I agree, you'd be doing your grandchildren the favor before yourself!!!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some 1992 sold for $150k.... John Elway paid that for his.

I was an active buyer for a 1992 back then. Dodge Marketing kindly sent me a list of every dealer that had one available....and I flew to see 2, and see if I would fit.

The LEAST expensive one I found back then was $80,000, and it had some demo-miles on it. I sent a nasty note back to Dodge Marketing about "these greedy Dodge dealers" asking MSRP + $25K - $45K. Many were in the hands of Brokers.

A guy who eventuly became the club Godfather, Ron Smith, called me back and did some legwork to find me a car at MSRP.....which I did buy. But it was a 1993. I later bought 1992 # 089.

If these cars are $100k now (I did not see the link) that is not a bad deal.

The OE tires on the photo above are the period-corect XGT-Z, and not the mxx as cited erroneously.

Also: I have never posted on flea-bay. When and if I ever do, I will have zero feedback, and zero sales. I dont think that a zero-feedback means anything other than he has managed to avoid flea-bay as I have for more than a decade. It does not make the seller dishonest because he has not hung with thieves for ten years.

Nuff-SAID

You must be registered for see images attach

P.S., I am NOT a ******* trucker, and this is not my wallet! HAHAHAHHAAHA!!

I know where a 31 mile 92 is located, but it is not for sale.

Bruce

Good to know, just incase I don't want to buy:dunno:?

-Tim

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Jon. My memory did not serve me correctly on that one. The MXX's were on the GEN II's from '96-'98?

Exactly Bob.......The Pilot Sport debuted in the in Model Year 1999-2002....and I think the first few 99 ACRs, with BBS wheels (same as GT-2) may also have had MXX-3.....carry-overs from those 100 GT2s. I could also be wrong on ACR, because quite a few drivers PREFERRED the MXX-3 lap times to the Sports.

Speaking of good-ole-days of Vipering:

Imagine a 2-3 year Early Viper World with ONLY Gen Ones:

NO HARD TOPS
NO HARD WINDOWS
NO WHEEL OPTIONS
NO AIR CONDITIONING
NO EXHAUST OPTIONS
FEW AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS
LOTS OF SHOW n SHINE OWNERS

My car showed up a day late at VOI-1, just before the cruise to MIS. It was delivered to the Marriot by a Roush Racing hauler enroute to BrickYard 400 # 1.

It had polished wheels, lowered, color-keyed centercaps, BFG-R1 tires, and a home-made glass-pack cat-back and fancy tips. 3:73 gears. I clambered up the hauler, 240 owners looking UP. I fired up, LOUD in the trailer, and rumbled it out of the dark top deck. I was lowered to the ground on the tailgate platform. Engine running. Blipped the gas a couple times.....When I shut it off, I heard the applause. I was in heaven!

Fast forward til 1995 and VOI-2 was held, still with ONLY GEN ONE CARS!
Fast-Forward to 1996 and VOI-3 with ONLY GEN ONE CARS.....

Ah, the good old days.....

Last edited:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Further to the 53 Vette/92 Viper comparison:

1st year production 53 Vette--300 92 Viper--285 Vette all in white; Viper all red
2nd year bigger Vette 3640; Viper 1043; then 3000 plus in 94

I could be off (Jon will know) but very similar .

A 92 at $50k now might be a smoking deal in time. A low VIN more so. Wish I could buy Lee Iacocca's. I remember Eaton's number 8 going for about $50K a few years ago at Barrett Jackson--hell of a deal.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An original unrestored red 1970 LS 6 Chevelle with 29 documented miles sold for over 300K about a year ago. I saw the car it was the real deal.

I have often wondered why low mile pristine 92s are not selling right now for 100K given their historical significance? Their time will come someday.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the biggest jump in sales of the 92's will happen if or when the Viper stops production...for good. THEN...I'll bet those cars will skyrocket in value. However, I really don't want to see that happen because they have been and will continue to be amazing cars!

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes cars will get a "kicker" in price when they hit the "25 year mark" which in most states is considered to be a historical vehicle !...Thanks, Jon, for the walk down memory lane....sorry to hear that Gary is selling some "gems"....

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, i was driving to lunch today. And there is a High End Boat/Car storage place i drive by alot. And guess what, it was the back drop for those pictures. So i can say that the cars are being stored properly!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
JonB said: "Fast-Forward to 1996 and VOI-3 with ONLY GEN ONE CARS....."

1996 was the intro of the blue/white 96 GTS...second Viper Indy 500 Pace Car...RAIN soaked VOI in Indy. I would have guessed that some GTS's were there.

We were not owners then, and I in fact carefully (successfully) steered Wife away from all of the above events as we did not need to spend the $$$$$$ on a Viper...as I saw it at that time. While I was indeed successful, it all went awry on the Tuesday after Memorial Day when I suggested that SHE take HER Jeep to the tiny selling dealer way across town for routine service. Guess who found a brand new 96 Red/Yellow RT/10 on the showroom floor?? So, in spite of my slightly deceptive intentions, we became owners that week. And, yes...the "disease" continues...happily so !!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 1996 GTS Pace Car was actually announced at VOI-2 in Monterey. Tony George was there. Two GTS were there, Bob Lutz drove 1 and his wife Denise drove the other.

NO OWNERS had a GTS in their possession at VOI-3 Indy......despite some grand plans to have a 300-car drive-away mass delivery. The ones that lurked were the 2 OPCs, and two marketing cars. EVERY VOI-Owner at VOI 3 had a Gen One that Memorial Day.... 9 days later the first GTS was released at CAAP..... vin # 0029.

1996 was the intro of the blue/white 96 GTS...second Viper Indy 500 Pace Car...RAIN soaked VOI in Indy. I would have guessed that some GTS's were there.

We were not owners then, and I in fact carefully (successfully) steered Wife away from all of the above events as we did not need to spend the $$$$$$ on a Viper...as I saw it at that time. While I was indeed successful, it all went awry on the Tuesday after Memorial Day when I suggested that SHE take HER Jeep to the tiny selling dealer way across town for routine service. Guess who found a brand new 96 Red/Yellow RT/10 on the showroom floor?? So, in spite of my slightly deceptive intentions, we became owners that week. And, yes...the "disease" continues...happily so !!!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

That is a pretty good story. Well played:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21