New 1/4 mile record for Chi-Town!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard SVS ran consistant 9.4-5's consistant!Paolo ran 10.5 @138 with a broke trans(no 4th).What did the Brother's run?Chime on!I ran around at a family party(marriage is punishment).
:2tu:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow!!

Can't wait to get more details.

The SVS car can make some big power - looks like they're getting it down too - great effort for drag race rookies. :2tu:

10.5 @138mph with no 4th!!! :eek: That's another 9 for sure coming up! :2tu:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scotty, You crack me up! The marriage comment is priceless! :eek:

Congrats to all involved! :headbang:

Cheers,

Jay K.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard SVS ran consistant 9.4-5's consistant!Paolo ran 10.5 @138 with a broke trans(no 4th).What did the Brother's run?Chime on!I ran around at a family party(marriage is punishment).

HOLY SHEEEET ! Paolo pulled a 10.5 @ 138 in 3rd gear ??

DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM !!

Jeff

P.S Nice run SVS ! How big of a shot were you pushing ??

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HOLY SHEEEET ! Paolo pulled a 10.5 @ 138 in 3rd gear ??

DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM !!

Jeff

P.S Nice run SVS ! How big of a shot were you pushing ??

We're all waiting for comfirmation - but I think you will find there was NO NOS!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's certainly odd -- Vipers won't do 138 (or even close) in 3rd gear. The 3-4 shift happens at 120 on slicks.

> That's another 9 for sure coming up!

Unfortunately not. You can coast after 3rd and it'll only change your ET by .2-.3 sec. Remember, those last MPH are only applied to a very short distance. However, I'm sure Paolo's car has enough HP to make it into the 9's.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point Ben re coasting at 120mph, but I'd have assumed the 138mph came up in 5th if 4th could not be engaged. Paolo may post what happened in due course.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, good point. I assumed he was worming it into 4th somehow, but the MPH makes sense for 5th - he'd trap ~143 if he had access to 4th.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a 10.503 @ 138.17 with a 1.708 60 footer and a 105.4 1/8 mile MPH.
The run before that, I ran a 10.55 @ 133.61 with a 1.666 60 footer missing the 3-4 shift. I should have tightened the belt after this run as the 1/8 mile MPH was 110.42. It dropped 5 MPH on the next run but because I did not miss the shift, I ran 138 MPH.

Against the SVS turbo car I ran a 10.62 missing the 3-4 shift again. Jr. ran 9.583 @ 146.53 with a 1.555 60 footer and a 116.65 1/8 mile MPH. I know they ran quicker and faster on other runs. I believe they ran a 9.46 and I also remember seeing 149 MPH. I believe the ET and MPH are both records for V-10 Vipers on boost only! They are using a 2-speed powerglide( I think) transmission, the car just hooks and goes. It is very quiet as well! It is also motherF'ing fast as I had the opportunity to run them twice. Both times so far at the track, I have had trouble with shifting the car. As long as I did not go too high in the RPM's, I could shift very well. But if I was too high in the RPM's the car would not go directly into gear. Unfortunately for me, I was next to a faster car with the powerglide transmission. When that thing was blowing by me, I naturally stayed in it too high in the RPM's before shifting. The first time I missed the 3-4 shift and unfortunatley, the second time, the trans went into 3rd ever so briefly before the trans blew. GAME OVER. I even told the guys on the way to the track today I thought the trans was going to let loose today. I am not surprised in the least. There has been a vibration in the trans over 100 MPH since the diff cover blew apart a couple of weeks before the Ultimate Street Car Challenge. I think there was a damaged bearing or something. We will see when it comes apart. Paolo

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to SVSi, that car was impressive with the 9.4's at 149. Funny thing is the car even when pulling 1.5 60' didn't look like it was flying off the line, but then to see that thing after it shifted (whew it was moving). Paolo's car was equally impressive, seems at though that belt was the first culprit as evident by the low mph's then the trans probs. Still looked good. The D'amico boys were there too. 2001 H&C car finally started to show its promise. Went 11.73@123mph with a 1.93 60'. Definately got more in it. John's 97 gts went 12.1 with 2.1 60's. The temp was 41degrees, it was very difficult to build enough heat in the tires, as the track was cold. It was definately hooking up though.

P.S. - On a side note, My 2003 SVT Lighting went 12.74 @ 107mph with a 1.867 60' on the stock tires.

OLXRAM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys gettin up to the strip anymore this year before the snow hits? I live over in Elgin with a 96 GTS and would like to get together with some viper guys before the years out.

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitrous
Superchargers
Turbos

Chi-Town is starting to Blow away the competition.
A little more practice and we mite be ready for those Texas and Florida guys. :rolleyes:

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I think chi-town should definately be put on the map for the vipers. One of the largest viper communities in general.
OLXRAM, I know Byron is open for at least 2 more weekends (weather permitting of course). And rumor has it next weekend might be nice if it doesn't rain. I know mike and John would probably go again. and If HOLD TIGHT has his car back this week he definately will go. Anyone else think they'd make it out? (I'd go but will be in m truck).

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill be there next weekend if you plan to do something. Ill bring my chains in case it snows.

My car isnt fully tuned but Ill give it a shot.

Thanks for the call Edwin. My folks were in town though. Glad to hear you chumps had a good time.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to SVS, i had negative comments about the standing mile for detuning however there is no question they are flying in the 1/4 mile. I can see an 8 second past in the cards for them, again congrats goes out to SVS on a great show.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to JR @ SVS! Very impressive 1/4 mile times for a guy that's one hell of a road racer to boot. Bring that car to TX in December.

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this weekends clear i'm out!Got my new computer Nitrous working good.
Keith we'll line you up with Matt another Roe S/C guy,he's just installed and will be ready to fly.
Tom86ZT/LightN/Little Bch-Very impressive for a FrknTruck.WOW.
Paolo/miler/board poster extrodinaire-for now,Welcome to the:
BTR 10 second club.
King Snake(Fuzzy Wuzzy)-Are gonna hit next year or WHAT Brotha!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brrr r 41 degrees... Where is the track in the Chicago area? What day and time do the gates open, time trials etc? Sounds like something to come and see :)

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track we were at yesterday is in Byron illinois. It is jst south of Rockford. about just over an hr west of chicago. Overlooking the Bron Nuclear Power facilty.

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOFAST ---- Did you get the Call from Tom at Finishline? Are you scheduled to fix the frame on it??

Reaction score
That is a decent run for the SVS guys. Soon that number will be eclipsed. I am sure they are still dialing in the torque converter. When that happens hello 8's!

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John were schedualed to weld this week.I won't be charging you for the TOOOFST limiter installed,lol.

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's nice buddy. thank you very much.. Can I buy that limiter separately???lol.

Make sure they check the alignment cause the passenger rear tire toed in quite a bit after the frame tore..

Thanks a lot, I know the beast is in good hands.. If the car is done this week I'll track it this weekend..

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a decent run for the SVS guys. Soon that number will be eclipsed. I am sure they are still dialing in the torque converter. When that happens hello 8's!

I wasn't aware they were utilizing an auto tranny? Either way, nice run!

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to Ron sr. and jr.,
I'm sure they'll chime in and I don't have any real info but they did say its a new install. The shifter looks kinda cool in the console too. I know there is video, but to see the TT's really sing and pull the car from about the 500' mark to the end was unreal.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the SVS car beat the recetnly set record with the Heffner car? What does the SVS car have in it? Is it capable of being a daily driver or is it a full blown track car?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I saw Ron on the street He was driving down butterfield - parachute and all. Ive seen the car a few times. I think its pretty streetable. If its the stryker car, its a TT setup. Its underboared to under 420 cubic inches. I dont think its not an auto. Unless they built an entirely different car. Which they may have done. Where are you Ron? Help us out.