New 2009 6 Spoke 0 Mile Takeoff Wheelss

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not keep both, Powdercoat them black and give your car 2 different looks. I have my ACR Wheels and a pair of powdercoated 6 spokes to set the car off.

Bruce

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately you have the most over produced wheel in Viper history...and the price does reflect!

I don't think that's 100% accurate. From what I've heard, they were produced in normal quantities, but thanks to them not being a popular choice when actually ordered by dealers/customers, they ended up with a lot of unused ones that they dumped on the market. (I'm sure the 09 production halt didn't help matters either). So...we're seeing more of them offered on the after-market than other designs, but I doubt they were overproduced.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that's 100% accurate. From what I've heard, they were produced in normal quantities, but thanks to them not being a popular choice when actually ordered by dealers/customers, they ended up with a lot of unused ones that they dumped on the market. (I'm sure the 09 production halt didn't help matters either). So...we're seeing more of them offered on the after-market than other designs, but I doubt they were overproduced.

You are 100% correct..but so is my statement. They turned out to be overproduced because of the reasons you listed above:2tu:

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I picked up a new set in the box 1300.00 plus 125 for freight.
Great update for the 2000 gts. Now my 09 and 00 will have matching shoes!!:)

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, even EBAY and another site I've sells them for way less then that and PTS RAK!!! :eater::eater:

There may be places cheaper than PTS RAK, but every effort should be made by the Viper community to support the vendors who SUPPORT the Viper and the VCA.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, even EBAY and another site I've sells them for way less then that and PTS RAK!!! :eater::eater:

There may be places cheaper than PTS RAK, but every effort should be made by the Viper community to support the vendors who SUPPORT the Viper and the VCA.

And good luck getting any support if something is wrong with your order when you order from Fleabay! You get what you pay for.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Isn't that definition of overproduced.....:dunno:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might have to pick me up a set of those one day.

I have a set for the track. The weight is similar to "Copperheads". They look good PC'd black too.

I was told by a reliable source that these were going to become a little harder to get...

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

And good luck getting any support if something is wrong with your order when you order from Fleabay! You get what you pay for.

I agree, we should support site vendors but vise versa is also VERY IMPORTANT! Also, I've never had a problem with other website vendors including ebay, and never treated poorly by them in any way, EVER! I use Paypal insurance so I get what I expect and pay for or I get my money back... :2tu:
I would have to say, just buy where you're most happy and get the best trusted service, here or elswhere...:)

Your 09' coupe looks great Mike, the six spokes look great with the Blk/Red stripes color combo.

Last edited:

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, we should support site vendors but vise versa is also VERY IMPORTANT! Also, I've never had a problem with other website vendors including ebay, and never treated poorly by them in any way, EVER! I use Paypal insurance so I get what I expect and pay for or I get my money back... :2tu:
I would have to say, just buy where you're most happy and get the best trusted service, here or elswhere...:)

Your 09' coupe looks great Mike, the six spokes look great with the Blk/Red stripes color combo.

Agreed - I just don't put much faith in PayPal insurance. I got hosed on a VEC 2 which was DOA and never got reimbursed by the seller or PayPal. It dragged on for months and the end result was as if I threw the money in the toilet. Sorry but it's true. Did my due diligence, payed by PayPal and got nothing! That's where I'm coming from.

Thanks for the comments on my new baby. I hear you bought a set for your B/W - I guess I missed them last week.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Agreed - I just don't put much faith in PayPal insurance. I got hosed on a VEC 2 which was DOA and never got reimbursed by the seller or PayPal. It dragged on for months and the end result was as if I threw the money in the toilet. Sorry but it's true. Did my due diligence, payed by PayPal and got nothing! That's where I'm coming from..

Mike, that made it Doo-Doo diligence ! But at least you got a great, low price before you got sniped? Thanks for the lesson Mike..... Newbees can benefit from your counsel. And in your 20+ purchases here, I hope you did not waste much time on doo-diligence. Thanks

VicTX and GB, too, Thanks.

And thread-starter GlennS: We take WHEEL TRADES of excellent, as-new wheels like yours if you dont get em sold.....yet another thing flea-bay WONT do for ya.....

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed - I just don't put much faith in PayPal insurance. I got hosed on a VEC 2 which was DOA and never got reimbursed by the seller or PayPal. It dragged on for months and the end result was as if I threw the money in the toilet. Sorry but it's true. Did my due diligence, payed by PayPal and got nothing! That's where I'm coming from.

Thanks for the comments on my new baby. I hear you bought a set for your B/W - I guess I missed them last week.

Same thing happened to me. Got ripped off buying an item out of town. Wasn't too worried. I went through Paypal and Paypal's "insurance". Presented evidence and Paypal "agreed" with me.
Result.... Paypal suggested I "contact an attorney" That's it...
Paypal has no more legal authority than you or I. One of the biggest scams going...:rolleyes:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. Got ripped off buying an item out of town. Wasn't too worried. I went through Paypal and Paypal's "insurance". Presented evidence and Paypal "agreed" with me.
Result.... Paypal suggested I "contact an attorney" That's it...
Paypal has no more legal authority than you or I. One of the biggest scams going...:rolleyes:

Thats too bad sorry that happened to yall but the same DOO happened to me from a vendor on this site and he still stalks me today, oops I meant it still haunts me today. All I said in the original post was, I saw them cheaper someplace els, so buy where yall want to. I just can't be bought nor will I buy my friends ever, DOO DADS or not...:nono:
Yeah Mike, I did have my six spokes on mine and I got a great deal on them from Jeff and an unbeatable deal on the tires from the awesome no b/s guys from Discount tire here in town. I think I'm up to about 16k spent on it now, and all from els where with NO PROBLEMS, including a few ebay items. We'll see ya at the next event. :drive:
Oh, be careful about them guys that take your old stuff. They re-condition old used stuff and re-sell as new sometimes, so you never know exactly what you're getting. I've seen it...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Got ripped off buying an item out of town. Wasn't too worried. I went through Paypal and Paypal's "insurance". Presented evidence and Paypal "agreed" with me. Result.... Paypal suggested I "contact an attorney" That's it...Paypal has no more legal authority than you or I. One of the biggest scams going........

I appreciate these FACTUAL stories of paypal and fleabay abuse vs those who snipe factless innuendo as they say 'too bad that happened' on paypal !!! ........Buyer Beware.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up a set of the six spokes with center caps from JonB at Parts Rack. Considered Ebay but ultimately decided against it. JonB's price was very competitive and I rather have peace of mind knowing that he will stand behind his product. My 2 cents.

Looks like Daves big brake package is going to be in my future. Need to fill out the big void from the stock brake setup. More winter projects :)

Bandit400

Last edited: