new '99 gts viper owner

realityeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story to this, but bottom line is the dealership and I were chatting back and forth through email. All of a sudden they stop responding and the car is on ebay.

Let's say I'm happy with the deal :headbang:

1 owner, 1999 gts, black on black. EXACTLY the year/car/color I wanted.

I was debating another one (with ABS) a while back but this came together just perfectly.

When do we know when the next VOI is? :drive:

Dodge : Viper - eBay (item 350423598521 end time Dec-24-10 07:52:24 PST)

Evidently they have a Viper tech; but I'm going out next week to finalize everything. Of course anything can happen in a week, but I'm hoping it's a smooth deal.

Greetings from Albuquerque, NM.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a great deal if it checks out to be in good condition. (Which, one would expect, being sold by a Dodge dealership. They usually keep the best trade-ins and wholesale the rest.)

Nice Christmas present !

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I bought a 99 GTS a couple months ago from an Ebay seller too, and haven't had any problems . Just a lot of fun driving it!:drive:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is one nice looking black GTS. Good luck on the purchase. My next viper will be black with flat black stripes ;). Just so you know...you'll be spending an inordinate amount of time opening the door to the garage just to look at it and smile. :D

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! She looks clean.:2tu:

I'm two days away from picking up my '01. I've been going crazy this last week.:D

OP
OP
R

realityeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, can any of you recommend an enclosed carrier? I know of the major ones- DAS, Reliable, etc.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fed Ex handled the hauling for the last VOI, I think it would be cool to get it delivered in this before the wraps come off

Last edited:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, can any of you recommend an enclosed carrier? I know of the major ones- DAS, Reliable, etc.

I used 'Passport' and it went well. I have lost the contact info. Just be there when they arrive to watch the unloading. In case they bring it down the ramp to fast and it scrapes or something. Do that whoever you use . Check for scratches due to the driver rubbing against it with their belt or keyring etc... I didn't have any problems but have heard of others who did. Good luck!:drive:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like a new to you GTS in the garage! I recommend a comfortable chair in the garage it's easier to spend hours looking at the car that way!!
Congrats

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads on the new to you ride!!!! First thing I would do is get the tires replaced before you get the car home. I noticed it looks like the OEMs are still on her.:omg:
As far as a carrier....go with Passport. I used them for VOI and they were top notch. :2tu:
CIMG1849.JPG

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done ! Very Nice Car ! Fair price... Arguably the best year and model Viper to own. Black is a bit of work to keep up but Black Vipers look Sinister !

OP
OP
R

realityeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone have any problems with Passport for VOI 11? I've had my fair share of transporting issues in the past.

V

Venomiss

Did anyone have any problems with Passport for VOI 11? I've had my fair share of transporting issues in the past.

Did you buy that Viper?

The next VOI will not be until 2012. You should have been in SLC for this last one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang