New ACR Seat belts

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been gone for a while. Not sure if anyone has seen this yet.
Had an '01 ACR in yesterday with a build date 2/01. The car has the new style RJS harnesses. The buckle is fixed to the anti-sub belt. Buckle is knurled with Viper logo like wheel center. dj

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

Can you post a picture of the harness? It would be nice to see what they look like.

The rest of the ACR & GT2 owners are still waiting to hear something from DC about our belts being replaced. I think most of us are worn out as so many weeks and months have gone by since the announcement. I cannot understand why there has been no action when you consider how relatively small the number of affected cars we are talking about. Nor can I understand why there has been no communication since the recall was announced in March!

Thanks,

Jim

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, I've got a set of after market Momo belts that were also part of that recall. I've gone back and forth with Darick Schmitt at Momo USA since 4/21 and I still haven't got any results. Same old story line " I'm checking into it." I'll keep you posted.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dave,

We have two ( Yellow and Blue/stripes ) in stock that sat at the plant for almost 3 months waiting for these belts. They have early build dates , but the plant held them up until the belts could be switched. Rumor has it that they are running full steam at making the new belts, and one can only wonder if DC is waiting to announce when they can deliver all of them to current owners. Let's hope so, as I know it has been very frustrating to owners and dealers alike. Thanks for your posting.

OP
OP
D

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Jim, the car's gone. He'll be back in next week and maybe I can get someone to come in and take some photos to post. I don't have those kind of computer skills but I'm sure one of my clients on this board will help out! The thing you have to realize is that you can't use the harness without the anti-sub. I think it's a great safety feature. It also makes tucking the belts down beside the seat much easier. dj

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dave, you HAVE been AWOL !

TeamTech provides the hardware system to RJS, the belt manufacturer......and to Team Viper for the ACR as well as motorsports.
I will "BUMP" the old posts