New best et. and WILD bracket racing

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only the second time out with the Michelins, still have some off the line training to do but didn't do to bad. Our track is 1/8 mile only. Ran a 1.79 60', 7.65 @ 94.3mph. No pwr adder.
The bracket race was a impromtu time filler during an outlaw race. 20 bucks and run any vehicle. My first competition was a golf cart....to make it interesting I took the same dial in as the cart, 21.10 1/8 mile...fast huh, next round a new ford truck red lit against me and in the semi's I went red against a 4 wheeler. A scooter beat the 4 wheeler in the final.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some incredible 60' times. If you dont mind me asking, what is your technique for getting off the line?

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr Roof:
1tony1

What kind of plan is in your avatar? is it yours?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just guessing, a mooney 321??
dunno.gif

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr Roof, The airplane is a Mooney 201 (M20J) and yes it is mine. I've been flying for about 7 years, intrument rated for 5 years. Ive had the plane for 4 years. If your not familiar with the Mooney: the seats sit like a Viper instead of a regular car/truck the way pipers and cessnas are. More aero dynamic than most, retractable gear. On mine, a normally asperated fuel injected 4 cylinder I flight plan for 155 knots/175 mph with a fuel burn of 11-12 gph. One of the best mpg in an airplane and almost as fast as many twins.

JSmith, I usually bring the rpm to between 3-4k and ease out on the clutch(not to slow), slipping it very little and applying more throttle as the clutch comes out. To slow and it slips the clutch to much and to fast and you have to stay up on the throttle a little to keep the wheel spin down. A sure fire way to get 1.80's is to ease out rapidly from 3500 rpm and roll into the throttle when the clutch is almost all the way out. It is almost like trying to bog the car at 3500rpm. this will give me zero wheel spin, not as good as a very light haze but alot easier to duplicate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte