New buyer, have some questions

Trekk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently driving a c6 z06 supercharged, but each time I think of the viper or see a viper (which is once a year) just cannot take it out of my mind. I absolutely love the way the car looks, the personality it has and the exclusivity that you get with a viper. That is something that is seriously lacking about the corvette. I made up my mind to sell the z06 and switch to a Viper.

I am stuck in a dilemma, I have been debating between a Gen3 or Gen4 Viper. Honestly I have read all the threads regarding both cars, read on various sites online about the differences. Still cannot make up my mind. Down here in Montreal it is so hard to find a Viper whether its a 2006 or a 2008, so I can actually sit down in the cars and feel the difference.

In the states the price difference is about 15k between the 2006 and the 2008. I know that the people on these forums have a lot of knowledge about these cars definitely more then me. What I wanted to know is the experience from people that drove both cars, is the Gen4 worth the extra bucks? Taking into consideration that I will not be tuning the Viper with forced induction, the most I would like to do is headers cats and exhaust just for sound. Is the Gen4 a much better alternative for the price? Technicalities I know the difference between both the cars. Sometimes whats on paper does not represent what it is in real life. I would appreciate Feedback

Thank you

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having recently sold my gen 3 to a guy in Saskatchewan and took delivery of a 2010, I can truthfully say the gen 4 is the better car.

But then that's my opinion!
PBR

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might depend on what you wanna do with the car ?

1/4 mile ?
road course ?
street race ?
cruise ?
garage queen ?

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even being the owner of a Gen III car I would probably say spend the extra coin and get a Gen IV. I've talked to many owners that have made the switch and the difference between the 2 is significant.
With that being said you're driving a supercharged ZO6 (very nice), so if you go stock Gen III you may be let down power wise. Once modded though..:) It's still a torque monster out of the box and will make you smile every time you get behind the wheel, plus make you instant rock star compared to the vette...the Gen IV may just make you feel you made the absolute right decision from the very get go.
Just my .02 worth...

V

Venomiss

Do you really need convincing?:)
CAAP41.JPG

OP
OP
T

Trekk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might depend on what you wanna do with the car ?

1/4 mile ?
road course ?
street race ?
cruise ?
garage queen ?

Its really more for street driving not really a track car or a drag car.

OP
OP
T

Trekk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even being the owner of a Gen III car I would probably say spend the extra coin and get a Gen IV. I've talked to many owners that have made the switch and the difference between the 2 is significant.
With that being said you're driving a supercharged ZO6 (very nice), so if you go stock Gen III you may be let down power wise. Once modded though..:) It's still a torque monster out of the box and will make you smile every time you get behind the wheel, plus make you instant rock star compared to the vette...the Gen IV may just make you feel you made the absolute right decision from the very get go.
Just my .02 worth...

I appreciate the neutral feedback you just provided,the insight your giving me makes a lot of sense. The GenIV is a good balance you mean. I read about it making you an instant rock star lol. The Viper look absolutely stunning

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trekk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find the right deal on a modded Gen 3 you would be happy. If not, buy a Gen 4

By moded what exactly do you mean? What type of mods? I think I am not gonna buy another car tuned with forced induction.