New carbon fiber hood issue

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what the issue is but now that I have installed my new hood my alarm goes off after parking for awhile. any thoughts on this??? fixes??

xr4racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not heavy enough to keep the alarm plunger down. The car thinks that someone is opening the hood.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it a race hood and perhaps doesn't have the pad for the alarm sensor?

Or maybe you just need to adjust the alarm sensor properly?

Ted

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's sitting too high to contact the hood pin switch properly. It needs a hood alignment/adjustment to get it to seat correctly on the switch. Either that, or install a pad between the hood and the switch.

ACRJUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this happened on my acr when I first got it, i took it in and it was adjusted and fixed. The 1st time it happened was 2am inside my garage, scarred the crap out of me.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I did readjust the hood latch and so far it seems ok. I was wondering about the pad since I am not running one with this hood. I did have to disconnect the wires to the hood pad but, they seemed just ground wires. (pad to frame). Anyone know what they are all about??

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to adjust the actual switch so that it better contacts your hood. The hood switch is on the passenger side about 2/3 of the way up the fender.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George I was going to go but I have this hood on my car and I don't think it will stay on at 120 plus. I need to get some hold down pins for it. So I don't think I will be going as of now... How have you been George??? Get your headers on yet? your OS Giken?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Very common with aftermarket hoods. I still can't set the alarm in my 04 with my comp coupe style Autoform hood.

The hood pad has nothing to do with it. The wires are just grounds.

Check along the front fender, passenger side, behind the coolant recovery bottle and you'll see a small switch. If you can find a way to increase it's height slightly (I've added small sticky rubber pads, felt pads, etc. to it), you may be able to solve your problem. Some of these pads don't stay on very long, but they will help for a while.

If you come up with a good solution, please share.

Dan

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Dan,

Did you try to raise the switch as it is adjustable? If I remember correctly, you have to pry the switch out, adjust it higher, and then reinstall.

Very common with aftermarket hoods. I still can't set the alarm in my 04 with my comp coupe style Autoform hood.

The hood pad has nothing to do with it. The wires are just grounds.

Check along the front fender, passenger side, behind the coolant recovery bottle and you'll see a small switch. If you can find a way to increase it's height slightly (I've added small sticky rubber pads, felt pads, etc. to it), you may be able to solve your problem. Some of these pads don't stay on very long, but they will help for a while.

If you come up with a good solution, please share.

Dan

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" I have this hood on my car and I don't think it will stay on at 120 plus. I need to get some hold down pins for it. "

Canyon,

Be patient, if possible. I have access to a brand new Gen 4 Carbon Fiber Hood & custom modified airbox to match for the Gen 3 Vipers.

Built to the Hilt!

I will post pictures as soon as first hoods arrives from the MFG. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

info@BADBOYZZGARAGE

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" I have this hood on my car and I don't think it will stay on at 120 plus. I need to get some hold down pins for it. "

Canyon,

Be patient, if possible. I have access to a brand new Gen 4 Carbon Fiber Hood & custom modified airbox to match for the Gen 3 Vipers.

Built to the Hilt!

I will post pictures as soon as first hoods arrives from the MFG. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:
looking forward to it the one I have now may be at risk at 120 mph.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4