New Gen 3 Viper Owner with Bad Engine at 18K Quick questions Please help. Thanks

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

The engine is at my facility and the costs involved to perform the repairs exceeded the cost to locate another drop-in or rebuild candidate. The motor appears to have prior repairs and yes it was hydro-locked as well as a laundry list of other inadequacies.

I'm sure you can appreciate there is a budget involved here as well.

Hope your doing well and thanks for all your help!

Regards,
Doug

Pffffffffft! ....... He didn't say it was at your place.:notworthy:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trust doug, whatever he tell you is the way it is.

if YOU cut corners or dont listen to him (sometimes cause of budget and i understand that all too well), its on YOU. he will never steer you wrong.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Build the motor if your ok with the additional costs.

With everything done right you'll really really like the car and so will others if it comes time to sell down the road...but with built motor you'll want to keep it very long.

Your viper wll be in a higher league.

It just doesn't get much better than that.

Hope you enjoy the adventure.

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 04 still has a warranty, when I called Dodge they stated that it had the standard factory 7/70 in 04. I'd imagine that goes for all 04's.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes in 04 they had a 7/70 warranty still good until 05/30/2011 and I going to use it for my oil cooler lines.;)

Not necessarily "ALL" of them had it. When I took my '03 in for warranty work, they had to check and make sure it had the 7/70. Apparently, the original buyer had the choice of the 7/70 or some kind of rebate at the time of purchase. Luckily, the original buyer of mine took the 7/70.

john2456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been down the "slippery" road of engine rebuilds. No matter what engine type, there are always unexpected surprises and even in the best hands,it is very expensive. I feel IMHO, that it is much less expensive to drop in a oem motor. On this forum there is a post "no longer a Viper owner" due to an unfortunate accident,his car is totalled. He may have an engine that is in nice condition that is a relatively easy swap. Just a thought

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21