New Gen V in Abilene, TX

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I have joined in. Took delivery of my Gen V GTS yesterday evening and of course am a little overwhelmed with the bells and whistles compared to my '99 ACR. Took her for a stroll last night and felt like a fish out of water what with cruise control and cup holders. LOL It did have a nice street ride as compared to my ACR and seems way tamed comparatively. Of course the ACR has had years for me to wring everything I could out of it. I guess time will tell how I like it. Not being able to stand on it (during breaking in) means I have no idea how she feels under balls out acceleration but I can say that the ride is nice. First thing I have to do is figure out how to get the speedo front and center as my old eyes have a hard time seeing the small left placed speedo. LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Enjoy it, they are so fun to drive. I find myself looking for any excuse to get out of the house (work from home)

Did you get it from Woodhouse? Looks like Policy Limits custom order!

OP
OP
H

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. And yes I did get it from Woodhouse, worked with Bill Pemberton who of course is great to work with. It was a custom order from another customer of his who did not want to wait for it and bought another car before this one came in. Pretty much had everything I was looking for so I snapped it up when it was available.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is AWESOME. My favorite color combo. Enjoy the car. You have excellent taste !!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can go through the menus and set it up so that a digital mph will show at the bottom right corner of the tach. That is what I use. The analog gauge on the left is probably only good if the display ever craps out. You can see it in this pic.

Tony

OP
OP
H

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I read up on that last weekend and think I have it down. Gonna try and set that up this morning along with pairing my phone and getting the garage door opener set up.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you keep your ACR? We met at the CarWalk a few weeks ago, I had the red/white/blue Viper.

OP
OP
H

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there, small world... Yes, kept the ACR, don't think I'll ever sell it, just has too many of my personal touches all over it plus at 700+ HP, it's a hoot to drive and race.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If u have DV400495 from Bill P then yes I ordered that car back in 2012.

I amended that order to include a Mopar car cover; do u have a photo of the cover? I'm debating getting one; might custom build one thru California Car Covers or something & add a big Stryker Logo to the front and have "Viper" on the back.

Take care of that dark blue Batmobile!!

OP
OP
H

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bust out the cover in the next couple of days. For right now it is still in the box. When I get it on the car I will take a picture and post it so you can see what it looks like. Nice taste, pretty much exactly how I would have ordered it. BTW, it really sparkles in the sunlight. Maybe not as much as the Adrenaline Red (which is awesome) but very noticeable.

OP
OP
H

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have friends in Pecos and every summer we try and get out there and see them. We also have friends in Ft Davis who have invited us up there several times. Love Balmoreah St park and go there when we can. Just so far from here. Do y'all ever go east?

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the vehicle I ended up with had the same options but for the paint & cover and I was able to secure her a month sooner than I would've had your car. The time isn't as much of a factor down south as it is up here; the last week of August is cooler and it snows as early as November so I just didnt want to miss most of the season.

That Shadow paint is special. SRT used it in marketing the car on the Jay Leno Garage episode, on Top Gear and on Speed TV. It's my understanding its not being offered in 2014. Please do upload more pics of the paint in the sunlight when you have the opportunity.

Congrats & enjoy!

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have friends in Pecos and every summer we try and get out there and see them. We also have friends in Ft Davis who have invited us up there several times. Love Balmoreah St park and go there when we can. Just so far from here. Do y'all ever go east?

Cool places to visit. Plenty of winding roads in Ft Davis

We try to venture off to the metroplex a few times a year. Now that the dragstrip in Abilene is on schedule we hope to hit there regularly next year. I lived in Abilene in 2001 for a few months while doing my college career. Its a neat small/big town

OP
OP
H

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics of Shadow Blue Pearl paint in bright light. And trust me when I say my pics do not do it justice. Pretty stunning in person.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4