New Hard Top

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note*** Viperdays Got rid of using the hard tops and went with the Rollbars. Both would be the best/safest but if you roll the car my money would be on the roll bar over the top for safety. The back of it only sits on top of the vert and is held down by the trunk. The Autoform top is well built and thought out (I have used them before). I may pick one up at some point also.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note*** Viperdays Got rid of using the hard tops and went with the Rollbars. Both would be the best/safest but if you roll the car my money would be on the roll bar over the top for safety. The back of it only sits on top of the vert and is held down by the trunk. The Autoform top is well built and thought out (I have used them before). I may pick one up at some point also.

Good to know, thanks. Seems like a tuff choice, although I'm sure I'll find a price difference too.

My immediate pro to the rollbar is getting the protection on the street also. I love the viper obviously, but I can't believe they put the plastic bars on it like it's a poser. Since 99% of my driving is street with the top down/off, and half of that time I have my son in the car - a real protective rollbar sounds appealing.

I'm sure the top is great, but when I'm not on a track it'd be off the car protecting an area of my garage.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'4 and can sit in the car with my helmet on without any issues, about 1/2 inch to spare. I cannot do the sme with the convertible top up. My helmet hits the metal bar

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are all hard tops for the verts SCCA approved (required) and NARRA Approved. I have seen the Lemke top but have never heard it being mentioned as being approved for track events.

The SCCA GCRs mention only the AutoForm hard top.

NARRA in 2009 will allow SRT10 convert owners who use a AutoForm Hard Top, or a Lemke Hard Top, provided car is on OE fully-treaded tires, of 100 UTQG or harder. In fact, their 09 insurance currently allows OE soft tops on OE tires.

On an SRT10 Convertible, once you get softer than 100 treadwear rating, you must have a roll bar AND harnesses. On an SRT10 COUPE softer than 100, you must have at least multi-point harnesses...........but head restraint and /or rollbar is recommended.

Last edited: