new here with pics

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe I spoke with the previous owner at last years Langley Cruise-in. I explained to him that if he upgraded to 14" front brakes his car would stop as short as a Gen 3 or 4. It seemed that his kids drove the car? He didn't like it that it needed a couple feet longre to stop.

It was a beautiful car.

That looks like a cellular/Satellite antenna. Stock antennas are in the windshield and they are amplified so they work excellent.

Wstrn Cda VCAs first 'outing' is usually the Father's Day Car show in Mission (June). Usually about 7-10 members show up and Fred Kappler (Melody and Eloise) provides hotdogs, smokies, pop and water to everyone. Usually several non-member Viper display with us.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last summer we had 2 weekend events. Kelowna Wine Tour 09 and Hells Gate/Harisson Lake (coming out in Spring Viper Magazine - for members).

You must be registered for see images

One count was 25 Vipers.

I have a few Viper upgrade parts if you;re interested.

Ted

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLybC_9eev4[/media]

There'll be various events at Viper Owner's Invitational 11 this coming Fall. It;s for VCA members only of course. You'll get to spend time on one of the World's Best Racetracks while there. Probably a thousand members there again. Vendors, historical people, CEO of Dodge, Sean Roe, Jon B, and many other famous people connected to the Dodge Viper you now own. The guys that actually designed your car will be in attedance and although we have a "members only forum" giving you direct contact with the SRT engineers - they do put on a few seminars and you can meet them in person at the VOI. Absolutely priceless.

Hurry up and send your membership fee to Greg Weflen so that you can recieve the Spring Issue of Viper Magazine and see many if the Western canada members enjoying their machines.
Ted

OP
OP
V

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I explained to him that if he upgraded to 14" front brakes his car would stop as short as a Gen 3 or 4. That looks like a cellular/Satellite antenna. Stock antennas are in the windshield and they are amplified so they work excellent.
Ted

Hi Ted , this is vancouver-gts' Dad. I have a 96 Mustang GT vert as well that needed front brake upgrades . The std 11" rotors were no good, even with ABS. After installing 13" Brembos from a 97 Cobra , the car has no more braking issues.The GTS locking up the front wheels when braking hard .I'm sure 14" fronts and adjusting the proportioning valve would make a huge difference.
Driving my friend's Noble somewhat spoiled me in the handling and braking :drive:

I think the antenna is a no static unit for better reception. I'm not sure though.

Last edited:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuuu.........

Those pics are outstanding! The car appears to be great shape. 1999 is the best year! That's what I was going for originally but beggars can't be choosers...congrats!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hi Ted , this is vancouver-gts' Dad. I have a 96 Mustang GT vert as well that needed front brake upgrades . The std 11" rotors were no good, even with ABS. After installing 13" Brembos from a 97 Cobra , the car has no more braking issues.The GTS locking up the front wheels when braking hard .I'm sure 14" fronts and adjusting the proportioning valve would make a huge difference.
Driving my friend's Noble somewhat spoiled me in the handling and braking :drive:

I think the antenna is a no static unit for better reception. I'm not sure though.

I put 14" lightweight front brake kit from Roe Racing (Roe Racing Viper Performance Parts) on my car (same type brakes as Gen 4 ACR) and loved the huge difference they made on my GTS. I have Eradispeed lightweight 13" rotors front the car before I upgraded and may eventually install them onto the rears.

The older (>2000)used a proportioning valve and with Sean's kit the instructions were to remove the spring from the proporioning valve. Tom (search) sells 40mm piston rear calipers as an upgrade for the earlier Vipers. 2001 came with 43mm rear caliper pistons and ABS.

JonB (www.partsrack,com) doesn't make brake kits, but he sells a lot of different kits for Vipers. With your older braking system you would need to upgrade the master cyliner as well if you do too much to the brake calipers.

My Viper has Eibach sport springs and is lowered to 2.7" of ground clearance from the road. I have billet forged wheels as well. Never been in a Noble, but wouldn't expect it to pass me.

Antennas work on the pricipal of recieving a waveform. AM/FM wave antennas are about 30" long so that stubby would be lousy for radio, except Satellite. My Sirrius Sat ant. (glued to the roof of my GTS) is only about 1.5". I never bought a cell signal booster, but I would guess that ant to be the same length as my cell phone ant. Perhaps you will find a cell sig. amplifier under a seat? I built my seattrack mount so that it sits 1.5" shorter than stock because my helmet hit the roof at the race track. I posted methods to lower the seat 2" in the Illustrated Upgrades - if you're handy with a hacksaw and welder. Otherwise JonB sells a kit I think.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I put 14" lightweight front brake kit from Roe Racing (Roe Racing Viper Performance Parts) on my car (same type brakes as Gen 4 ACR) and loved the huge difference they made on my GTS. I have Eradispeed lightweight 13" rotors front the car before I upgraded and may eventually install them onto the rears.

The older (>2000)used a proportioning valve and with Sean's kit the instructions were to remove the spring from the proporioning valve. Tom (search) sells 40mm piston rear calipers as an upgrade for the earlier Vipers. 2001 came with 43mm rear caliper pistons and ABS.

JonB (www.partsrack,com) doesn't make brake kits, but he sells a lot of different kits for Vipers. With your older braking system you would need to upgrade the master cyliner as well if you do too much to the brake calipers.

You must be registered for see images

My Viper has Eibach sport springs and is lowered to 2.7" of ground clearance from the road. I have billet forged wheels as well. Never been in a Noble, but wouldn't expect it to pass me.

Antennas work on the pricipal of recieving a waveform. AM/FM wave antennas are about 30" long so that stubby would be lousy for radio, except Satellite. My Sirrius Sat ant. (glued to the roof of my GTS) is only about 1.5". I never bought a cell signal booster, but I would guess that ant to be the same length as my cell phone ant. Perhaps you will find a cell sig. amplifier under a seat? I built my seattrack mount so that it sits 1.5" shorter than stock because my helmet hit the roof at the race track. I posted methods to lower the seat 2" in the Illustrated Upgrades - if you're handy with a hacksaw and welder. Otherwise JonB sells a kit I think.

Ted

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness