New Here

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I've been lurking around on here for a few months now but finally decided to join because I like the atmosphere/attitude in the threads. First & foremost, I'm a car enthusiast. With that said, I've owned 2 Vettes. :D My current ride is a cammed/bolt-on 03 Z06 that puts about 430-440rwhp. Love the car, but I keep reading all the great things about the 08 Viper & the new Z06 just doesn't appeal to me as much as I thought it would. Maybe it'll change, maybe it won't. I've been reading about the limited color availability along with the different stripe & configurations allowed. I've really got my heart set on a GTS Blue coupe with white stripes or possibly silver stripes. I think I read that the white stripes aren't available & that GTS Blue might even be sold out?? Color is an extremely important factor to me when deciding to purchase any car (as well as the obvious test drive, which I've had the pleasure of wringing a few Vipers around in the process.) I'm located in South Florida, but I keep reading good things about Bill Pemberton & his dealership. I've even see him in the DuPont Registry mags, ha! In any event, if some of you guys would like to put some input into any of what I've said.. ideas... facts.. etc, I'd appreciate it. Again, would love to get into a new Viper, but I'm not going to settle for something I'm not 100% on.. ya know? Thanks in advance. :2tu:

- Matt

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Matt--Welcome to the Viper forums!! We have owned Vettes in the past, a Z06 we traded in for our '05 Viper. You can find out more from Bill Pemberton about the color/stripe availability...I'm sure that he'd appreciate a PM from you...you can't go wrong dealing with him...even call him up...a GREAT person to talk to. Don't know what to tell ya, other than the fact that we'd never go back after owning a Viper...there's nothing like it in the world...NO traction control, it's a DRIVERS' car...the DRIVER needs to pay 100% attention to this brute...it commands RESPECT. If you're wanting a raw brute of a powerful car, this is it!! My best advice to you would be to call Bill Pemberton and ask the questions you have...you won't be disappointed! GOOD LUCK to ya!!! Hope to welcome you as a VIPER MEMBER!!! ~juli

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the club and be advised Bill Pemberton is tooo nice to handle, the right man in the right place.. good luck and stay safe:)

Last edited:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome

I have a 2006 Blue/Silver Coupe. In July of 2006 I went down to Elite Motors in Jonesboro Arkansas to drive and probably purchase a new 2006 ZO6. But the owner wanted to show me his personal car with only 400 miles-the 2006 Viper Coupe. It took me just a few minutes of driving the Viper to make the purchase.

Had a lot of different cars in my life time and usually in 6 months or so I would grow tired of them. Been 14 months since the purchase and not for one second regreted buying it. Its a blast to drive.

Got a little more power hungry and had a SC installed with a few other mods. Whew--When I get into the Viper and buckle up and push the button and take off it makes my 70 year old butt tingle.:)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome
I have a 2006 Blue/Silver Coupe. In July of 2006 I went down to Elite Motors in Jonesboro Arkansas to drive and probably purchase a new 2006 ZO6. But the owner wanted to show me his personal car with only 400 miles-the 2006 Viper Coupe. It took me just a few minutes of driving the Viper to make the purchase.
Had a lot of different cars in my life time and usually in 6 months or so I would grow tired of them. Been 14 months since the purchase and not for one second regreted buying it. Its a blast to drive.
Got a little more power hungry and had a SC installed with a few other mods. Whew--When I get into the Viper and buckle up and push the button and take off it makes my 70 year old butt tingle.:)

LOL--You sound like a friend of ours who has a '97 blue/white GTS..bone stock until last year at age 68 wanted MORE power...added a supercharger, exhaust, headers...etc...was making around 675rwhp...and still wanted MORE, so was thinking of adding nitrous!~! He is now 70 and has the most badasp car around here~~more power to you guys! ~juli

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if your friend is a member of VCA. Juli I will be 72 in Nov. Raced a lot of high powered out board motor boats in my life so speed and high HP is in my blood. I may send this thing back to DLM this winter for his second step giving near 900 whp. But I am also getting the hots for a twin turbo.

Imagine32000 - get you a Viper you wont be sorry. Then get some of those 6 point race seat belts that takes you 4-5 min to buckle up. I really enjoy helping my wife to buckle up in the Viper. Wish they made a 10 point seat belt.;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if your friend is a member of VCA. Juli I will be 72 in Nov. Raced a lot of high powered out board motor boats in my life so speed and high HP is in my blood. I may send this thing back to DLM this winter for his second step giving near 900 whp. But I am also getting the hots for a twin turbo.
Imagine32000 - get you a Viper you wont be sorry. Then get some of those 6 point race seat belts that takes you 4-5 min to buckle up. I really enjoy helping my wife to buckle up in the Viper. Wish they made a 10 point seat belt.;)

Unfortunately, though we've asked, our friend is not a VCA member, and never gets on the Viper forums. Oh, yeah, more POWER is always welcomed!!!~~~This guy's wife will NOT ride with Bob in his super-powered Viper, she rides with him in their Prowler---says the Viper scares her too much--now THAT'S MY TYPE OF CAR!!!!! SCARE me!!!! LOL
Decisions, decisions...!!! Wow, now twin-turbo...you'll need a torque cage!!! :drive:
ENJOY~~~~juli

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hiss ,

I am 55 , and it warms my heart to hear about your passion at 72, as I plan to follow in your footsteps --------especially assisting my wife with her new 10 point harness!! I laughed so hard I darn near fell out of my chair and what a lovely visual that one sentence imparts, ha,ha!:headbang:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Ive got a lot of respect for you and your business. Those Motons I got from you really do the job.

When I hit 80 I am going to celebrate by buying a new Viper from you.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Imagine32000....I just went down the very path you are thinking of following. I had sold my 02ZO6 (that was also slightly modded) about one year ago with every intention of getting a C6ZO6 and was waiting for the hysteria over the car to die down. BUT I am a car guy and appreciate sports cars and keep an open mind to other possibilites. Besides, I too felt a lack of "passion" when looking at the new ZO6. Even though I have owned a total of 7 vettes from 1970 to present (including a new '70LT1)the Viper was always on my dream list and the 08 was just too much to resist, it represents a PURE SPORTS CAR and the style appealed way more to me. I also had the opportunity to drive one. I recently retired from a gov't job where, amongst other things, I was a defensive driving/high speed pursuit instructor and was able to drive a Viper at our facility at Quantico VA. I was sold and have an 08 on order. Do yourself a favor and get behind the wheel of a Viper. You will be glad you did. Good luck in whatever decision you make.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had Vett's in the past......they hold absolutely NO candle to the Viper.......Owned a S/C'd Gen 1, and now an S/C'd Gen III...........they outclass the Vette in every way......Good luck finding YOUR Viper......

OP
OP
I

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Any other notable dealerships/salesmen to get in contact besides Woodhouse/Bill Pemberton? Thanks in advance.

PS - It's also absolutely killing me that GTS Blue is sold out. Additionally, I keep seeing all these press pictures of 08 Viper Red coupes w/ white stripes, yet it's not even a possible combination to build. *shake*

- Matt

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a couple other good dealerships nationally but if you really want the GTS Blue I strongly suggest you contact Bill. He is probably your best bet to get into a color that is sold out as he will have ordered cars in this color for dealer stock. His dealership can also paint the stripes on and do at least as good a job as the factory. So red with white stripes or blue with white stripes will be available if you go to him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas