New HID FOG lights

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the kit today & installed. The 1st 5 pics are before hid's, the next ones are after. They're awesome! Can't wait to use them on the highway!:)

Attachments

• DSC05015a.JPG
    DSC05015a.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC05016a.JPG
    DSC05016a.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC05017a.JPG
    DSC05017a.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC05018a.JPG
    DSC05018a.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC05019a.JPG
    DSC05019a.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 53

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After with hid's.

Attachments

• DSC05025a.JPG
    DSC05025a.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC05026a.JPG
    DSC05026a.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC05027a.JPG
    DSC05027a.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC05028a.JPG
    DSC05028a.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC05029a.JPG
    DSC05029a.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 47

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some more pics.

Attachments

• DSC05030a.JPG
    DSC05030a.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC05031a.JPG
    DSC05031a.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC05032a.JPG
    DSC05032a.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC05033a.JPG
    DSC05033a.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC05034a.JPG
    DSC05034a.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 37

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last two pics. Sorry I don't know how to load these so they post all in one thread.:(

Attachments

• DSC05035a.JPG
    DSC05035a.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC05036a.JPG
    DSC05036a.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 38

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I picked up a set of those blue colored 9005 fog light bulbs. MikeR came by and I showed him the new bulbs. I went in the house and when I came back outside Mike had installed MY new bulbs in his car :dunno: anyway they look pretty good.

so I was going to order another set of the blue bulbs but Greg posted up about his HID kit so I ordered up a set and I've had them sitting in the garage...Mike came by I showed him the kit. He thought they looked too blue from the pics in this thread and said I should have just got the blue bulbs. Anyway we decided to put the HID kit in tonight and when I turned them on both of us were very impressed with the color and amount of light these things put out. They look awesome. I'm pretty sure Mike wants a set of these now.

Mike I'll take the blue bulbs off your hands and put them in the SRT Jeep if you want to get a set of these instead.

I'll get some pictures up of these compared to the stock bulbs and the blue bulbs.

thanks again Greg:2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I picked up a set of those blue colored 9005 fog light bulbs. MikeR came by and I showed him the new bulbs. I went in the house and when I came back outside Mike had installed MY new bulbs in his car :dunno: anyway they look pretty good.

so I was going to order another set of the blue bulbs but Greg posted up about his HID kit so I ordered up a set and I've had them sitting in the garage...Mike came by I showed him the kit. He thought they looked too blue from the pics in this thread and said I should have just got the blue bulbs. Anyway we decided to put the HID kit in tonight and when I turned them on both of us were very impressed with the color and amount of light these things put out. They look awesome. I'm pretty sure Mike wants a set of these now.

Mike I'll take the blue bulbs off your hands and put them in the SRT Jeep if you want to get a set of these instead.

I'll get some pictures up of these compared to the stock bulbs and the blue bulbs.

thanks again Greg:2tu:

Yea, I think Im in for a set now too. For some reason I wasnt all that impressed when i saw the pics on this forum. But in person they look very good and seem to light up the street real well. I'll be interested to see how thye perform while driving. I definatley need more light when driving at night. After lowering car, lights dont seem to work as well. So hope these HID fogs will help.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a set in my Corvette, and they look great. I'm not sure if they have a specific set for the Viper or not (there was a Corvette specific package you could buy), but Hoen made the set I bought. Might want to check their website. I think it was only $65 for the set of 2 foglights, and 2 high beam bulbs.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MikeR, I agree, pictures dont do these justice, Lankhoss your talking about only bulbs right, these are HIDs, very different as MikeR learned tonight.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
took a few pics but I had the camera in low res mode

here is stock vs the HIDs
stockvhid.JPG

stockvhid2.JPG

here is the blue bulbs vs the HIDs
bluevhid.JPG

bluevhid2.JPG

from inside the car, you can see the HID fogs do put out more light but with the Viper lowered the head lights really do need to be adjusted up to see far away.
hidvstockinside.JPG

picture from outside above the car.
distance.JPG

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turn your brights off man, your going to blind somebody:blindfold:, I told Mike you were going to give him hell, His HIDs should be here on Weds, and will be in the mail shortly after.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Excellent pics, thanks. I do have to say that the blue bulbs do look pretty decent and match the headlights pretty well. While they dont throw off the light of your HID's - they probably dont blind the oncoming traffic as I was blinded just looking at those fogs.

So who here can say that they actually have driven their Viper in the Fog?

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, Im going to get a set for you to put into your great writeup. Should have them this week.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me.

You must be registered for see images

:2tu:

Awesome pics in the fog! Nice job.

We don't get much fog in AZ, but I hate the yellow fogs as well - too much of a contrast from the gorgeous HID low beams - so I don't use them. HID set now on order though!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok we just installed my HID fog lights tonight, theyre KLIGHT 10000K hid. Same that I put in my 08 hummer and my porsche. I love them. In the viper they put out more light than the headlights, and double the light output when combined with the headlights. The only problem I have is when I turn them on after the car is running sometimes it trips the "BRAKE" light (this is the ebrake I belive) and the ABS light, if I have them turned on already then start the car the light doesnt come on. Also while I was driving I tried a few times and it didnt come on, then it did one time. I think my mechanic who put them in zip tied them to one of the brake sensor wires or something, we'll look at it next time.

Heres pics:

Headlights without the HID fog lights:

Headlights with HID fog lights On. There is way more light, hard to tell in the pic, look at the garage you can see the difference alot there:

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look great, as for the brake light thing, let us know, we have them on about 15 vipers, and your the first with that problem, I doubt the HIDs are the problem.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
OK - for the poser that I am - can you tell me which blue bulb you used? I'm not convinced I need the full HID upgrade, and feel the blue bulbs look a lot better than the white fog lights.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used the KLIGHT brand HID upgrade kit, theyre plug and play, from ebay. 10,000K color which is a bit bluer than the factory headlights, and they are brigher than the factory headlights which is essentially doubling your light output. For around $100 you cant go wrong, its a big upgrade.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get them from a guy here in town for 150.00, that way if there is a problem he can and will replace them. Ebay is a better price but I like the service also. Pteam, did you fix your break light problem?

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, I would buy them from "85 of 200" for anybody looking to buy the HID lights as he knows the viper inside and out and can help you, I dont sell them. No I havnt been able to drive my viper due to bad weather, I told my guy who did installed them, he said its probably when the ballasts turn on they giggle the abs sensor. He said next time I get the viper to my shop he will adjust where he mounted it. I will keep you updated.

Last edited:

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
pteam, I am having the same exact problem. I installed them myself. Where is the abs sensor?

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange...

I just went to install my HID fogs, and the panel inside each wheel well that gives access to the fog lights is missing - on both sides! The inside of each of these compartments seems unusually clean, so I don't think they have been missing long. Not sure where they went though!

On the passenger side, I used the 3M tape to attach the ballast to the top of the brake cooling duct.

Off to Dodge for replacement panels next.

The HIDs look awesome!!

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are pretty cool arent they. I have a feeling this summer everyone around here will have them after they see them.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh by the way, my mechanic guy did switch the drivers side ballast was mounted to something he said when the ballast turns on it vibrates a little and sets off the ABS sensor, he just moved where it was mounted to and it doesnt set off the sensor anymore.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks pteam for the info. i will try the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4