New high technology camshaft for Gen V

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking to SRT engineers getting ready for the reveal. They mentioned that one of the most exciting developments was the variable lift polymer camshaft.

Make of high durometer rubber, similar to the Woodhouse motor mounts, these cams have the ability to raise lift ratios smoothly as RPM's rise.

This unique polymer can change lift by expanding from centrifugual force. This is part of a feedback loop with the BCM computer, and will operate seamlessly for the operator.

The ability to have a smooth idle, while increasing lift at high RPM's will not only give a boost to the HP, but actually result in increased fuel efficiency.

Another benefit will be the reduction in valve train noise and vibration in line with the higher end nature of the entire vehicle.

They did not mention horsepower numbers but said it would be well in excess of the Viper X (640 hp) and will appeal to street as well as track oriented Vipers.

They should have even more information about this technology at the reveal, so be sure to ask them about it at the NY auto show.

6 speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice try Paul. By the way, your car looked great in the Viper Magazine!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling there is more to this joke. As in Paul is trying to bug SRT and have a load of people asking them fun questions.

Should also then ask SRT about the newly available spinners that will be available. :D

OP
OP
P

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spinners are only a rumor. SRT has denied this, even though the consumer demand for spinners is through the roof.

Be sure to ask them about the chrome spinners at the reveal. See if they can deny it face to face : >)

Gonna be a fun time in NY.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so Euchi. I hear SRT is combatting the high fuel prices so the new car will be like the 1963 Turbine Car. All fuels including Chanel #5. :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate all of you who are able to go to NY ;)............ you are going to have such an awesome time.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so Euchi. I hear SRT is combatting the high fuel prices so the new car will be like the 1963 Turbine Car. All fuels including Chanel #5. :D

you're right mb, i always get these confused

You must be registered for see images attach

and their use in alternate fuel super cars

:crazy2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21