New member - my car was almost stolen, need bit of advice..

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this thing happened.

Why don't you guys install some kind of poles just behind the garage door?
There are these kind of poles you can easily install to prevent anyone exitting the garage with your goods....
You must be registered for see images

Next thing you'd have to do was just walk in with your .45
If you would want to risk the thief carring the same thing.... (I'd think twice encountering a thief... but then, in the Netherlands a gun is not allowed for most people)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that post thing.
That's a great idea. The crooks will see it and not bother messing with the car.

I don't think anyone would steal a Viper where I live. But I'd get one of those post things if I needed to worry about that.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a solution wich is used by jewelers in the Netherlands to keep hijacked cars out of their shop and the goods in.
So why not keep the car inside with it also.

There are several dimensions and materials available.

I like this one (designed for the sole purpose of keeping the goods inside)

It will cost some money... but its better than finding the Same Viper again.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was something in the news a few years ago, about a company in South America equipping cars with Anti-carjacking devises. One was a pipe that would sweep out from under the car too break the legs or ankles of a would be carjacker. Another one had a flame thrower at the sides that would just set the guy on fire. Carjacking’s and kidnappings is such a problem in South America these people were serious about fighting back.

Of course the story was about how inhumane it was for the bad guys.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was something in the news a few years ago, about a company in South America equipping cars with Anti-carjacking devises. One was a pipe that would sweep out from under the car too break the legs or ankles of a would be carjacker. Another one had a flame thrower at the sides that would just set the guy on fire. Carjacking’s and kidnappings is such a problem in South America these people were serious about fighting back.

I also remember one where a .12 gauge shotgun was concealed and unless unarmed by a remote or something, it blew off the crook's face when he opened the door. Either that or the flame thrower in my favorite.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the sweeper was more realistic and makes no noise. Knock'em down, and then just drive over their legs.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Screwed up thing is- you could probably catch them in your garage,ripping your ignition out, shoot them (of course, after you fear for your life ;) ), and YOU would be going to jail!

Got to love our laws sometimes.

I also have to say that after reading this thread, my 9mm is feeling inadequate. :) I think I'm gana have to get a bigger gun!

That's what I like about Texas....if it's after dark and you're on my property and I feel unsafe or that you're attempting to steal something...BANG!!!!!

--wes

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the support and laughs with those cartoons, those are great.

The posts are a neat idea ViperArry. Actually with a bit of work, reproducing that concept with galvanized pipe or square tube is definitely possible with some creativity to figure out how to lock it into position.

I always wondered if they sell those parking wheel locks to civilians, the ones they lock on a car wheel if you are in a no parking zone.

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have live gps tracking, pretty neat, you can see wehre the car is anytime, anywhere with an internet acess

shows a breadcrumb trail of where the car was as well as keeps records of each session. Has the speed elevation and even lateral degrees. I use the Delorme software

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten