New mods with pics!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I've done alot of mods (not major) since I got the viper a month or two ago.

1. corsa exhaust
2. K&N full intake with filters
3. new subwoofer
4. heated seats
5. full limo window tint
6. HID fog lights

So I've been having alot fun with it during the winter even though I've never got to floor it yet, the road is too cold and I get no traction haha. Here are some pics!

This is the only time I've got to put the top down, in my garage! :(
You must be registered for see images

HID foglights, 10,000K color

engine pic before the K&N

heated seat buttons in the center console:

Corsa track exhaust:

limo window tint:

K&N intake tubes and filters:

What do you guys think?

Also my local car custom shop installed my heated seats and corsa exhaust for me. The exhaust tips need to be moved towards the front of the car more because when they get hot they're too far back. Can I just take off the sills and push them foward or what needs to be done? Thanks!

Cool cars, Exotic cars, and hummer h2 info - my car collection

Last edited:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pteam, your car is "awesome" looking! A set of motons and springs would really set off your car, look wise, as well as improve handling and performance......great job!!!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Contact Corsa or your installer on your exhuast question.

Keep up the good work. I would recommend getting rid of the run craps first! Even if you have to buy new wheels since those tires were the main problem with the Gen 3.

THEN, keep on modding, hopefully you'll be posting your Supercharger by next spring?

Ted

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to slide the exhaust forward enough so that when cold, the tipsare almost touching the front of the side sill. left side almost touching at 7 o'clock - right side touching at 5 o'clock.

the spot weld so they don't move...if you don't weld they will move.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First thanks guys for the kind words! I think I would probably trade in for an 08 before I supercharged. Then mods and headers cats etc and be at 700 hp with a warranty, a supercharger would be nice but I can see stuff breaking or alot maintance, but I get real bored of cars every year or two so who knows. My first lambo I only kept for 2 years and my last one for 1 year. My first viper I kept for 2 years. 2 years is the most I've ever kept any sports car :) But 700+ hp with a warranty would be nice. I think my next step might be removing the cats but who knows, on my last viper I didnt do any mods HA!

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pteam, how does the lambo's that you have owned compare to the SRT-10 performance wise? What type of lambo's have you owned? Just curious.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I added a link to my cars in my first post, diablo vt roadster and murcielago last year. Both cars are ALOT of maintance, and both my cars had under 10k miles. The viper is prob a bit slower than the murci but just driving around town the viper feels just as fast because of how torquey it is. The vip is probably faster than a gallardo or dead even with it (never owned a gallardo, I dont consider it a lambo if it doesnt have lambo doors). A lambo is more of a status thing, IMO you don't really buy a lambo to beat the hell out of it, but everywhere you go people take pics, but buck for buck the viper is almost just as fast but 2-3 times cheaper.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No its not acid stained, I had to do a google search just to see what it was lol. The car was washed before the pics so thats prob what you see.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D was looking at the brownish colored floor, with blotches...thought it may have been stained. Which BTW is pretty neat stuff in itself, an example...

You must be registered for see images attach

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep up the good work. I would recommend getting rid of the run craps first! Even if you have to buy new wheels since those tires were the main problem with the Gen 3.

I agree, replacing the run flats was the first MOD (if you want to call it that), done to my car. I went with the NITTO INVO's the difference is night and day. I can actually drive with one hand now! Traction and ride are vastly improved.

The car looks great, enjoy it and keep modding! I STILL can't believe you had to install heated seats. I can't drive my VIPER for more than 30min at local town speeds without turning the AC on!

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is beautiful!

Have you considered painting the Brake Calipers and Valve covers Yellow to match the car?:2tu::headbang::2tu:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks KILLER!!! The corsa tips will need to move forward and I HIGHLY suggest you have the shop put a tack weld or two on each. Car looks beautiful!!!!:2tu:

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just curious what new subwoofer did you put in?

I bought TWO 6.5 inch pyramid sub off ebay for $7.99 and $21.95 shipping came to $29.94, NEW TWO 6.5" PYRAMID 500W CAR SUBWOOFERS SUBS SUBWOOFER - eBay (item 150206311469 end time Jan-22-08 10:49:55 PST) they handle 100 watt continuous power and 300 watt peak power (the ebay auction site said they handle 250 watts but they clearly say on the box and on the subwoofer that theyre 300 watts, so they must have upgraded them lately) , the JL's which are on sale on ebay for about $90 for only ONE shipped but can only handle 75 watts continuous and it doesnt say for the peak but its probably 150-200.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang